Postal/Zip Code: 98499
Meadow Burke, a division of Oldcastle, is a premier manufacturer and distributor for the concrete construction industry. For more than seven decades, we have served architects, engineers and contractors with a superior line of concrete reinforcing products, concrete forming accessories, road and bridge products, and industry leading products for precast and tilt-up construction.
District Sales Manager – Pacific Northwest
Flexible on location - position can reside anywhere in the Seattle / Portland corridor
SUMMARY : Manages sales in a defined geographic territory. Improves sales volume, develops sales plans and goals, establishes pricing strategies and creates customer demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : A proven track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with customers, vendors and internal company personnel. Creative and confident with a vision for the future. Organized with the ability to think logically and track multiple projects simultaneously. A team player capable of motivating others and have the ability to overcome objections. A self-starter capable of developing and implementing work schedules. A thorough knowledge of construction products and services.
- Works with existing Dealers and Fabricators
- Develops sales budgets
- Establishes customer objectives
- Develops new accounts
- Networks with engineers and contractors to increase product awareness
- Manages customer sales and profitability
- Works closely with and mentors the Inside Sales Team
- Introduces new products to the market
- Participates in presentations and exhibits at trade shows
- Provides accurate and timely reports to the Regional General Manager
- Develops a close working relationship with other departments including marketing, manufacturing, engineering, administration and finance
- Seeks out and assists in the development of new company growth concepts
- Travels as needed to maintain close personal contact with assigned customers
- Forecasts and keeps abreast of competitive market trends and market competitors
- Provides and facilitates product training to customers and the Inside Sales Team
Certifications/licenses - Valid state driver’s license and ability to be insured required.
Computer skills/software - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Network navigation and Internet navigation skills at an intermediate level required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE : An undergraduate degree, preferably in business or engineering, or equivalent industry work experience is required. Sales experience for a manufacturer in the construction industry is required. Experience dealing with Structural Engineers and/or State DOT’s is preferred. Must have strong mechanical, technical and comprehensive abilities. Experience working through a dealer/distributor network. Strong negotiation and presentation skills. The ability to analyze multiple markets or business segments. Experience in training, coaching and developing dealers and motivating a sales force.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Meadow Burke is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Meadow Burke is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 19 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...