As the only global provider of commercial solutions, Quintiles understands what it takes to deliver nationally and internationally. Our teams help biopharma get their medicines to the people who need them. We help customers gain insight and access to their markets and ultimately demonstrate their product's value to payers, physicians and patients. A significant part of our business is acting as the biopharma's sales force to physicians or providing nurses to educate patients or prescribers. With the right experience, you can help deliver medical breakthroughs in the real world.
We are excited to announce that at this time we are looking for a District Sales Manager to join our team of over 10,000 global field representatives in several regions making over 20 million product details annually for our pharmaceutical and biotech clients. In this role you will be supporting Purdue Pharma L.P., an industry leader committed to improving patient's lives and serving the healthcare community.
District Sales Manager
The District Sales Manager will lead a team of pharmaceutical sales representatives for their district, managing approximately 8 reps in promoting and selling healthcare products to general practitioners and other healthcare professionals. The DSM will develop and deliver the sales strategy and serve as a key information holder regarding the marketplace and thus, be able to react appropriately to that market as needed. They will also be responsible for delivering on all contractual obligations as agreed to by the client and Quintiles.
Quintiles offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you! Please apply on-line at: www.quintiles.com
Preferred Skill Set
- 4 year Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum overall college GPA of 2.8/4.0
- Proven track record as a DISTRICT SALES MANAGER in the pharmaceutical market
- 4 years pharmaceutical sales management experience required
- Pharmaceutical sales experience required at the territory level
- Must reside within the base city of the district in an appropriate location to efficiently work the district.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and coach sales representatives to success
- Proven ability to display district leadership, performance management, and career planning
- Strong work ethic and customer focus orientation
- Have a valid operator's license and be insurable.
- Overnight travel as required
- Have interest, desire and ability for upward career growth.
- Have management and/or selling experience in the insomnia market.
- Have documented success launching a new product
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated Business Acumen
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical/scientific knowledge
- Flexibility to learn new products over time
- Knowledge of and experience with the selling process
- Initiative & execution-oriented
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...