The District Sales Manager (DM) is accountable for managing the execution of the business plan in the assigned markets. The DM is responsible for supervising Field Sales Representatives (FSRs) in these markets, frequently in the field providing coaching, results tracking, and feedback for continuous improvement. The DM is responsible for a variety of accounts – selling in both at store level and head-quarter level, primarily for natural and independent grocery retailers and distributors. In some markets, the DM will also be responsible to manage brokers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist the Regional Sales Manager in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and market-level sales goals. Focus across multiple areas:
- Distribution: Ensuring top item placement and new item speed-to-shelf.
- Promotional execution and customer-specific marketing.
- Forecasting and strategic planning for assigned accounts.
- Supervise the Field Sales Representatives (FSRs) in the territory. Provide regular interface regarding planning, scheduling of travel, specific store-level strategies, and analysis of results.
- Track and analyze performance using a variety of data sources, with the ability to deliver insights and action plans for improvement.
- Deliver fact-based presentations to support selling objectives and achieve results.
- Develop and manage business and relationships with appointed distributors’ retailers – both at headquarter and store level.
- Collaborate with Field Marketing Team to produce best in class sales store, market events, and increased KIND presence and brand awareness where teams are in place.
- May involve some weekend or evening schedule for customer events and trade shows.
- Ability to travel across multiple markets on overnights, frequency of 10 to 15 travel days per month.
- Good driving habits are required. Must provide proof of insurance, valid state motor vehicle driver’s license. Job involves heavy daily travel within assigned territory.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during store-level calls.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong supervisory skills, with ability to assess development needs and deliver action plans to optimize performance
- Ability to analyze syndicated data and present insights to support sales objectives in an account.
- Uses creativity and persistence in managing the territory through innovative sales programs.
- Takes initiative to build rapport, establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals.
- Experienced in negotiating at both head-quarter and store levels to accomplish results.
- Solid communication skills, both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up. Strong listening skills and adaptability to adjust style and message based on customer cues.
- Works as a team player and partner with Field Marketing counterparts in achieving goals; shares best practices and learns from Sales team members.
Education and Experience
- 5 – 7 years of Sales experience, to include 2+ years of supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience managing natural/specialty distributors, including an understanding of distributor process and strategies.
- Strong understanding of broker partner responsibilities and ability to manage broker efforts.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Passion for health and/or natural foods industry preferred.
KIND Healthy Snacks is the company behind KIND Fruit & Nut , KIND PLUS, KIND Nuts & Spices and KIND Healthy Grains. KIND was...