ABOUT BARNES DISTRIBUTION
Barnes Distribution, a business of MSC Industrial Supply Co. is an industry leader in the distribution of maintenance, repair, operating and production supplies. We partner with customers in the manufacturing, transportation, natural resource and government markets to deliver customized vendor-managed inventory, integrated eCommerce, vendor consolidation and consumption control solutions and services throughout North America. This flexible approach and diverse range of service options helps to meet our customers’ individual needs while reducing their total cost of ownership.
At Barnes Distribution, we stock and have access to an extensive range of MRO parts, supplies, and specialty items from established, quality suppliers. We work with our customers to design the service program that best fits their needs from our range of basic catalog ordering to integrated supply
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We're looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of invention and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers all while improving our value and creating profitable solutions.
We are passionate about building our team of entrepreneurs who move fast, take risks, and desire to succeed. Dedicated to progressive technology, open communication and a commitment to delivering the rewards, growth potential, and long term career opportunities you deserve, aren’t you ready to be part of our highly respected team? Apply today!
Delivering Solutions, Building Careers
Barnes Distribution continues to grow, and now seeks a results-focused, experienced:
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
This territory needs a strong leader who can develop a dynamic and growing region. By placing you in a growing territory, we are giving you the opportunity to lead 15-20 sales and service professionals to meet – and exceed - productivity goals. Expect to spend up to 80% of your time in the field, motivating and developing your team and implementing aggressive marketplace strategies to achieve success.
- Developing strategic sales growth plans with the Regional Vice President to ensure revenue and profit objectives are met
- Effectively communicating vision, plans, goals and objectives to subordinates to ensure effective execution and optimize productivity of sales professionals.
- Optimizing manpower planning, including routing, recruiting, retention and engagement
- Recruiting, onboarding and training/developing current and new sales personnel
- Evaluating sales staff and providing correction plans in conjunction with Human Resources
- Tracking and evaluating the profitability of new and existing business and directing pricing decisions to ensure adequate levels of profitability are maintained in conjunction with zone management.
- Providing appropriate monthly internal reporting to management
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package, Barnes Distribution offers the opportunity to contribute, develop and advance in our growing company. For immediate consideration please APPLY Now. Be sure to include your resume and salary history.
- Demonstrated success in selling value-added products and/or services within the industrial and transportation marketplace (industry experience preferred)
- Proven track record of achieving profitable sales growth and managing a team of experienced sales professionals, with a strong emphasis on market growth, manpower and customer planning, engagement and building a team environment
- Strong maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) product knowledge
- Financial acumen with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, leadership, motivation and planning skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years proven successful sales management experience.
- Bachelor degree required (graduate business or marketing degree, i.e., MBA, preferred)
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Barnes Group, Inc. - 12 months ago