ABOUT BARNES DISTRIBUTION
Barnes Distribution is a global industry leader in the distribution of high quality maintenance, repair, operating and production supplies for industrial maintenance, the automotive after-market and service industries. Barnes Distribution offers more than 55,000 general line MRO supplies and ready access to millions of non-stock items. By bringing a diverse range of service options, innovative solutions, and over 1,000 sales employees in North America, we will help our customer’
s operate faster, smoother and more efficiently.
Barnes Distribution is a business of Barnes Group Inc. (NYSE ticker B), founded in 1857 and headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut. BGI has 4,400 employees and had $1.1 billion in revenue in 2011.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We're looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of invention and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers all while improving our value and creating profitable solutions.
We are passionate about building our team of entrepreneurs who move fast, take risks, and desire to succeed. Dedicated to progressive technology, open communication and a commitment to delivering the rewards, growth potential, and long term career opportunities you deserve, aren’t you ready to be part of our highly respected team? Apply today!
Delivering Solutions, Building Careers
Barnes Distribution continues to grow, and now seeks a results-focused, experienced:
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER
This territory needs a strong leader who can develop a dynamic and growing region. By placing you in a growing territory, we are giving you the opportunity to lead 15-sales/service professionals to meet – and exceed - productivity goals. This district covers the entire state of Colorado, east to North Platte, NE and a small part of southern Wyoming. Expect to spend up to 80% of your time in the field, motivating and developing your team and implementing aggressive marketplace strategies to achieve success.
- Developing strategic sales growth plans with the Regional Vice President to ensure revenue and profit objectives are met
- Effectively communicating vision, plans, goals and objectives to subordinates to ensure effective execution and optimize productivity of sales professionals.
- Optimizing manpower planning, including routing, recruiting, retention and engagement
- Recruiting, onboarding and training/developing current and new sales personnel
- Evaluating sales staff and providing correction plans in conjunction with Human Resources
- Tracking and evaluating the profitability of new and existing business and directing pricing decisions to ensure adequate levels of profitability are maintained in conjunction with zone management.
- Providing appropriate monthly internal reporting to management
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package, Barnes Distribution offers the opportunity to contribute, develop and advance in our growing company. For immediate consideration please APPLY Now. Be sure to include your resume and salary history.
- Demonstrated success in selling value-added products and/or services within the industrial and transportation marketplace (industry experience preferred)
- Proven track record of achieving profitable sales growth and managing a team of experienced sales professionals, with a strong emphasis on market growth, manpower and customer planning, engagement and building a team environment
- Strong maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) product knowledge
- Financial acumen with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational, communication, leadership, motivation and planning skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years proven successful sales management experience.
- Bachelor degree required (graduate business or marketing degree, i.e., MBA, preferred)