District Sales Manager-Lagasse-Atlanta
The District Sales Manager will be responsible for maximizing district sales performance through the development of competitive selling strategies, managing overall profitability including marketing, margin and resource allocation and through sales force development, coaching and training. Responsible for contribution to strategic direction while ensuring tactical execution and customer follow-through.
- Job Duties
Allocates and manages sales force based on company and customer expectations, utilizes financial models, implement selling strategies as well as other company programs to add value for the customer and United Stationers.
- Responsible for maximizing performance of sales force through talent sourcing and recruitment, training, coaching and developing.
- Responsible for the overall district profitability including sales, marketing, margin and resource allocation; takes actions through progressive margin management, cost to serve analysis and expense management to maximize company profitability.
- Responsible for performance management including establishing goals and objectives, tracking based upon Company priorities. Consistent administration and delivery of individual performance reviews as required
- Ensures active and effective Customer Response Teams
- Ability to foster “Change”, quick to adapt to & have new plans for implementation, including execution with those customer(s) that could/would be affected.
- Constantly look to “Upgrade” the talent pool to ensure maximum output.
- Work “On the business” and not “In the business”
- Continue to look for “New Business” with all category initiatives.
- Develop “Financial Acumen” in all phases of the business and be able to teach this to the Account Managers.
- Ensure and conduct with the Account Managers, Business Reviews with each of the customers. Be able to show all facets of where United adds value.
- Consistent record of career growth and progression
- Consumer products background preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years in managing and developing a professional sales staff
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and car allowance
United Stationers - 14 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...