Manages outside sales activities in a specific geographic area for the agricultre industry. Knowledge of all aspects regarding low volume/micro-irrigation, product application/performance and lealer management skills.
Previous expereince working in the the California agricultre industry. Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Water Resource Management or equivelant expereince. Ability to speak Spanish is perferable.
- Establish distribution network in areas of the region not currently covered by established Toro MIB dealers
- Expand Toro MIB dealer base
- Travels throughout assigned and new territories to call on regular and prospective distributors
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other technical services
- Technical training for Drip/Micro design and sales training for the dealer network
- Represents Toro MIB at trade association meetings to promote product
- Promote the Toro MIB products through field seminars, irrigation expo’s, direct contact with growers and government employees
- Provides assistance to local dealers to close deals with his/her customers
- Quotes prices and credit terms in accordance with company policy and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Specifies product use to end users
- Supports marketing when they launch new products
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates
- Develops sales campaigns to accommodate goals of the company, marketing and dealer/distributor network
- Increase the Toro MIB sales in the region
- Sells products to dealer/distributor base in territory
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales for territory
- Technical training about drip irrigation systems maintenance and operation
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Working Relationships: Works directly with customers, dealers, and distributors, purchasing agents, sales personnel, design/specification personnel, and end users. Interacts with the sales, production, distribution, and order entry and credit teams within the company.
- Decision Making: Ability to support and build current account structure, analyze marketplace for competitive products/pricing, and sells irrigation products to fulfill customer needs.
- Problem Solving Challenges: Works through all aspects of customer relations, pricing, technical service, shipping issues and introductions of new products.
The Toro Company - 17 months ago