: This is a part-time, benefits eligible position reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources.
The incumbent will serve as a senior advisor to lead CNA’s diversity and inclusion program. He or she will develop and recommend initiatives, offer solutions, and foster dialogue and interaction that will advance the company’s diversity goals.
- Develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy. The process for developing this strategy will include but not be limited to meeting with the CEO and the CNA Senior Team
- Manage the Affirmative Action program, including responsibility for program planning and development, policy development, legal compliance, OFFCP and other federal and state compliance-related audits and reporting, and advice to managers.
- Engage with managers and the employee workforce to build relationships.
Meet with external organizations to understand basis for their successful diversity program.
- Assess, prioritize, monitor, measure, and address diversity concerns and challenges faced by the organization.
- Align, navigate, and influence key stakeholders to establish a network of strategic relationships to build a diverse talent pipeline.
- Assess the impact and state of CNA’s Diversity Advisory Committee and recommend a direction to achieve long range targets that will support the organization’s objectives and business strategy.
- Apply complex problem solving capability to develop and deliver diversity training solutions to CNA leaders and managers.
- Monitor internal and external trends; identify and develop related action oriented programs.
- Collaborate with Communication department to design and oversee implementation of internal and external communications strategy to ensure our employees, our sponsors, and future employees understand our commitment to diversity.
- Establish metrics to measure program progress and achievement of short and long term goals.
- Participate in the investigation of discrimination complaints and recommend solutions to address sensitive issues.
- Synthesize and summarize program highlights to executive leadership and the Board of Trustees Committee(s), as required.
- Work with external vendors as necessary, and ensure all third party vendors or consultants provide the appropriate services; participate in the RFP and selection process.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Corporate: - Alexandria, VA 22311 US (Primary)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of progressive and related diversity program management experience is required. Experience working with national-level associations and professional organizations.
- Strong project management experience and program specific and related job knowledge/expertise to build a successful program.
- Proven ability to formulate plans and objectives through application of highly developed consultative skills.
- Must have experience working effectively across a complex organization and ability to build trust and gain the confidence of key internal and external stakeholders.
- Applies independent judgment to accomplish sustained program objectives.
- Strategic thinker who understands and can effectively articulate how diversity strengthens CNA.
- Executive presence and very strong written and verbal communication skills that contributes to organizational dialogue, desired change, and long term results.
- Must have high level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Know how to seek and expand knowledge and awareness of best practices.
- Views diverse talent as a strategic differentiator.
- Forward thinking with the skillful ability to avoid status quo and manage with agility.
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to analyze and present data.
Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.