DEPARTMENT: Dept. Of Human Service Programs
JOB CODE/POSITION #: M426-701
CIVIL SERVICE: Not subject to Civil Service Rules and Regulations
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours/week; some nighttime meetings required
UNION AFFILIATION: None
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Department of Human Service Programs (DHSP) seeks a Division Head with the vision and experience to lead the Community School Program in providing high quality programs to meet the needs of Cambridge residents. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Children, Youth and Families, the Division Head for Community Schools is a senior leadership position within theDepartment with overall responsibility for 12 Community Schools located within the Cambridge Public Schools. Working with the leadership of the other Departmental programs serving children, youth, families and seniors, the position is responsible for helping to plan, implement and oversee programs to meet the needs of Cambridge's diverse residents. The specific responsibilities include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Working with the Community School Program Managers to provide direction and fiscal, programmatic and managerial oversight to the Community School Programs located in different neighborhoods throughout the City
- Providing direct supervision to the Program Managers and through them to the Community School staff
- Supporting Managers and Community School Directors in working with Neighborhood Councils and local School leadership to indentify and meet program needs in the schools and in the neighborhoods.
- Providing leadership to the programs in family engagement, professional development, quality improvement, and data collection.
- Overseeing regulatory requirements for programs including summer camp licensing and the Quality Rating Improvement System.
- Working with other departmental leaders and staff to create better pathways and transitions for participants from one departmental program to another.
- Working with the Department's Inclusion staff to support the inclusion of children with special needs in community school programs.
- Working with the Agenda for Children Out of School Time Initiative to support program quality improvement efforts and professional development for staff.
- Working with Departmental leadership and appropriate committees to provide support to the Department's shared goals.
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of progressively responsible and successful management experience of human services, health, education or related fields. Experience working with diverse populations. Excellent communication, negotiation, planning, management and supervisory skills. Demonstrated ability to lead teams and to work collaboratively. Proven ability to think creatively to build partnerships and to engender the trust and confidence of staff, volunteers, collaborators and colleagues. Experience managing budgets.
Must have sufficient mobility to travel between sites and to local meetings. Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. May require minimal lifting of up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. There will be frequent outside meetings with partner agencies, local organizations, and community groups.
RATE: $83,479 - $99,459 annually plus benefits .
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOUARGED TO APPLY .
idealist.org - 17 months ago