Richmond Supply Chain Services provides support the HCA facilities throughout the United Stated. The Division Infectious Disease Pharmacist is responsible for oversight and management of an antimicrobial stewardship program at all HCA facilities within the Capital Division.
This will be a work-from-home position.
The position will support HCA acute care facilities in Virginia, New Hampshire, Kentucky, and Indiana.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Oversees antimicrobial stewardship program for all facilities
- Develops core strategies for Antimicrobial Stewardship program
- Assists in development of facility antimicrobial stewardship teams and participate in committee meetings as needed
- Provides supporting documentation, "white papers" or other information needed to facilitate P&T Committee preparation as needed
- Ensures provision of education and support at HCA facilities with regard to clinical protocol justification, execution and implementation. Provides education through HPG and HCA support via webinar, tele-conference, live or other communication.
- Develops Key Performance Indicators and Dashboards related to Antimicrobial Utilization and Stewardship
- Prepares Antimicrobial portion of monthly Pharmacy Key Performance Indicator report
- Ensures appropriate and safe use of pharmacy technology related to antimicrobials including Automated
- Dispensing Technology, IV Pumps and Maximizing Order Entry System
- Develops and implement division antibiograms to improve antibiotic utilization and selection
- Maintains effective communication with facility directors and leadership teams on Antimicrobial Stewardship opportunities
- Assists in development of "best practice" recommendations for all areas of antimicrobial management
- Provides expertise and input to facilities on streamlining or de-escalation of drug therapy, dose optimization, IV to PO conversion, PD and PK dosing, appropriate utilization protocols and drug restrictions
- Assists in preparation and implementation of facility and COE policy and procedures as needed
- Serves as liaison with local pharmacy schools to develop student rotations and/or residencies in infectious disease
- Develops and maintain antimicrobial stewardship section of division website
- Assists in preparation and implementation of pharmacy staff competencies related to Antimicrobial Management
- Facilitates creation of a Division education program along with Division Clinical Director for pharmacists to promote improved patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Division Director Of Pharmacy
- Participates in Division Meetings as requested
- Participates in HCA Corporate Clinical Advisory Board and other committees
- Pharm.D. required
- Residency Training with ID emphasis or Board Certification preferred
- 3-5 years experience as a clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting
- Minimum 12 months experience in infectious disease setting
HCA Inc - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard