The Division Secretary is accountable for providing efficient secretarial support for the Commercial Pharmacy Operations Department. This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, Associate Pharmacy Director and Supervisor and other team members within the Commercial Pharmacy in order to accomplish the overall objectives of the team. This position is also responsible for the overall day-to-day operation of Commercial Pharmacy and serves as liaison with building management for 6UCC.
Nature & Scope
The incumbent is expected to perform with minimal supervision to accomplish the responsibilities of this position. It is important that the Division Secretary maintain good relations with all personnel, both external and internal, as well as customers and the general public. This position assists in the overall operation of the Division, offering assistance within the realm of the job description, and providing organizational duties. The incumbent must display initiative, maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment, be discreet, and make decisions consistent with the job responsibilities.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Experience as a secretary or administrative assistance.
2. High school diploma required; some college or business school education preferred.
3. Experience in Microsoft Office, Word, Power Point and Excel.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with dealing with complex and sensitive matters.
6. Minimum performance rating of Commendable on last two evaluations.
7. Working knowledge of customer service work station (CSW) preferred.
8. Testing required:
Typing: minimum 45 words per minute
Word and Excel (75% or above on basic)
This position is identified as level three (3). This position must ensure the security
and confidentiality of records and information to prevent substantial harm, embarrassment,
inconvenience, or unfairness to any individual on whom information is maintained.
The integrity of information must be maintained as outlined in the company Administrative
Segregation of Duties
Segregation of duties will be used to ensure that errors or irregularities are prevented
or detected on a timely basis by employees in the normal course of business. This
position must adhere to the segregation of duties guidelines in the Administrative
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES OR ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions of Job)
1. This position provides administrative assistance to the Manager, Associate Pharmacy Director and Supervisor within the Commercial Pharmacy Department.
2. Handle confidential matters in connection with personnel matters as well as PHI related to customers.
3. The incumbent must display initiative, exercise judgment, and make decisions consistent with the job responsibilities.
4. Coordinate travel arrangements for pharmacy staff including travel advances, hotel reservations and rental car as necessary.
5. Receive, prioritize, and distribute the division’s correspondence. Open, date stamp, and forward mail to the necessary person for handling.
6. Prepare and coordinate mailings as needed for members, physicians, and others.
7. Answer external and internal phone calls and assist callers with pharmacy related problems accessing the pharmacy claims system. Tracking of calls on the customer service workstation.
8. Support regional staff with pharmacy issues.
9. Prepare visual aids.
10. Type memos, letters and e-mails as requested by the management staff.
11. Responsible for updating our disaster recovery plan.
12. Update manuals and procedures as necessary.
13. Be responsible for the maintenance of fax machines, copiers and printers in the pharmacy division.
14. Purge files for all lines of business in a timely manner.
15. Assist in coordinating various internal and external meetings including scheduling the meeting place, preparing the agenda and presentation materials, and notifying participants.
16. Schedule appointments for the management staff as needed.
17. Maintain daily/monthly calendar for Commercial Pharmacy and send reminders and follow up.
18. Coordinate with vendors and purchasing department the ordering and distributing of office supplies and printed material for the division.
19. Prepare departmental newsletter that is distributed internally and externally.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- 2 years ago - save job
In 2012, Arkansas Blue Cross was named one of central Arkansas’ “Top Work Places” by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and...