The Division Secretary is responsible for efficient, courteous and customer oriented secretarial support for the Division Managers, Project Managers and the staff of the division and to assist them in the accomplishment of the overall objectives of the division.
Nature & Scope
Minimum Job Requirements
1. High School diploma (or equivalent), courses in English composition, business math, and typing.
2. Secretarial experience including composition and typing of memos/letters, scheduling appointments, answering phones, maintaining files, etc.
3. Computer literacy.
4. Working knowledge of P.C. software applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook is a must. Knowledge of other applications such as VISIO, Powerpoint, and Microsoft Project would be a plus.
5. Post high school education and/or related experience may be substituted for part or all of the above requirements.
6. Typing skills.
Testing Required: Typing, Word, Excel and Writing Assignment
This position is identified as level three (3). This position must ensure the security
and confidentiality of records and information to prevent substantial harm, embarrassment,
inconvenience, or unfairness to any individual on whom information is maintained.
The integrity of information must be maintained as outlined in the company Administrative
Segregation of Duties
Segregation of duties will be used to ensure that errors or irregularities are prevented
or detected on a timely basis by employees in the normal course of business. This
position must adhere to the segregation of duties guidelines in the Administrative
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES OR ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions of Job)
1. Answer telephones in the office as required in a courteous and customer oriented manner.
a. Receive calls for the Division Managers, Project Managers and division staff.
b. Serve as backup for other Secretaries in answering calls for VP of Private Programs & CIO.
c. Maintain and distribute telephone listing for division.
2. Schedule meetings for Division Managers and Project Managers.
a. Update the Division Managers and Project Managers' desk calendar if requested.
b. Maintain schedule for conference rooms.
3. Handle incoming divisional correspondence.
a. Open and date-stamp all incoming mail.
b. Distribute mail to Division Managers, Project Managers and division staff.
4. Perform all typing requested by the Division Managers, Project Managers and staff.
a. Download files from mainframe and convert to WordPerfect format as needed.
b. Transcribe from dictaphone as requested.
c. Compose, type, copy and distribute memos, letters, minutes,etc. in a customer oriented manner.
5. Use personal computer to
a. Update or develop divisional manuals, reports or logs.
b. Download files from mainframe as required.
6. Create flowcharts and drawings as needed, using VISIO to draw flowcharts.
7. Maintain divisional time sheets.
a. Collect time sheets, check for accuracy and deliver to Accounting.
8. Run and distribute ProTrac Weekly Status Report for VP of Private Programs & CIO.
9. Maintain a daily follow-up file for the Division Manager.
10. Maintain files for the Division Managers
a. Originating new files as needed.
b. Purge and ship to off-site outdated files.
10. Maintain divisional office supplies. Order and receive supplies on Clarus.
11. Order, follow-up and receive PC and software needs for division on PC-PC.
12. Handle all divisional request for copies and fax.
13. Provide backup for other Division Secretaries.
14 Provide backup for Administrative Assistant to VP of Private Programs & CIO
15. Make travel arrangements, hotel and car rental reservations as required.
16. Route magazines/newspapers, etc for VP of Private Programs & CIO.
17. Perform other assigned job related duties.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 11 months ago