More About HCA.....
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- HCA has been Recognized in Computerworld Magazine's Top 100 Workplaces to work for Information Technology Professionals for the 4
consecutive year, coming in this year at #25.
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
Serves as project management subject matter expert for an HCA division and actively supports the successful execution of division projects to meet the division business objectives; manages the day-to-day activities of assigned division projects; performs resource and portfolio management analysis to assist the DIS/CIO in making project prioritization and workload decisions; facilitates the project governance process; maintains ITSC Project Mgmt. alignment, expertise, and competencies across the division; supports and uses HCA Project Mgmt. methodologies and tools as appropriate. Will serve as single point of contact for complex HCA enterprise deployments and will work closely with enterprise project managers in these deployments. Responsible for managing IT projects of medium to significant complexity and may manage projects with significant interdependencies with active projects or existing systems; may be required to manage and track interrelated projects as programs. In a division with multiple project managers, may be responsible for mentoring and/or training new project managers.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Project Structuring:
- Managing and communicating a clear vision of the division projects objectives, and motivating the team members
- Understanding and communicating the definition of completion criteria (what constitutes 'done')
- Organizing the activities into manageable work packages for division and facility team members and determining an effective approach to completing the work
- Resource coordination for corporate IT&S deployments
- Project Planning:
- Ensuring that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired result within a given period of time
- Support Division CIO in scheduling and prioritizing workload given resource constraints.
- Managing relationships to accomplish the activities
- Manage Division and Enterprise deployment project schedules to minimize intra-project resource conflict and facility activity conflict
- Communication of enterprise project schedule updates back to corporate IT&S Project Manager
- Project Management, Controlling & Reporting Status:
- Maintaining assertiveness to achieve goals as quickly as possible
- Monitoring project activities and reporting on status utilizing HCA standard reporting processes and tools
- Identifying potential scope changes
- Reviewing quality of work and managing integration of team members' work
- Identifying and managing risks and issues
- Coaching those working on activities to clarify assignments and deliverables
- Project Close:
- Documenting and analyzing lessons learned and sharing with others
- Validating the completion of project documentation and relevant knowledge bases
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Workbench, and CA Clarity.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Three to seven years experience
- Seven or more years in an IT environment (with project and personnel management experience)
- A certification in project management is highly desired.