More About HCA.....
- For a fifth consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA ranked No. 42 on Computerworld’s 2013 "Best Places to Work in Information Technology" list of 100 companies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
The Division system Administrator implements, monitors, and supports servers and storage environments for all centralized division and /or facility equipment, and provides operational application support, including image archive ad disaster recovery. This position leads the design, configuration and install of division based VM Ware, SMS/SCCM SAN and consolidated backup. The Division Systems Administrator provides server and desktop technology support, including operating systems maintenance, application maintenance and ensures division and facility based systems adhere to HCA IT&S Security, user access and configuration policies. This position works very closely with other corporate, division, and facility technical personnel to coordinate the implementation and ongoing support of systems physically hosted at the division data center and facility locations. The system administrator also monitors and diagnoses server and storage devices, provides support for incidents which cannot be resolved by the division service desk or technical analysts, and coordinates installation of new equipment for facility projects.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Installs and supports server and desktop technologies for centralized division and/or facility equipment (including operating system maintenance, application maintenance, image archive, disaster recovery)
- Provides operational applications support
- Designs, configures and maintains division based VM Ware environment for division and facilities.
- Design, configure and administer division based SAN systems and help support facility SANs
- Works with engineering team to ensure proper design, implementation and support of Virtual switching in VM Ware.
- Works with other Division System Administrators to design and implement SMS/SCCM process which consolidate pushes through division to the facility systems.
- Design, configure, and administer division based consolidated back up system to ensure proper backup of all systems at the division data center and any facilities brought in under the consolidation.
- Provides support services to monitor, backup, and diagnose servers and storage equipment; recommends corrective action to failing server and desktop equipment
- Provides On-call support (24x7) to assist with troubleshooting, escalation, or recovery of failing equipment
- Supports and coordinates installation of server and desktop technology for new projects. Participates, as needed, in division/facility technical implementation projects.
- Develops and maintains procedures for equipment installation and configuration support
- Creates and maintains documentation for equipment installation and configuration support
- Works closely with corporate, division, and facility personnel to coordinate the implementation and ongoing support of systems physically hosted at the Division Data Center and facility locations
- Coordinates sharing of best practices and policies and procedures
- Participates in activities which improve departmental and organizational performance
- Interfaces directly with a wide variety of end users and technical counterparts in other division, facility, and corporate roles
- Trains Technical Analysts and Sr. Technical Analysts
- Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Requires a strong knowledge of supported server, application, network, security systems, virus protection, and hardware configurations.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting SMS / SCCM
- Demonstrated strength in design, maintenance and upgrades for VM Ware
- Demonstrated strength in design, maintenance and upgrades in SAN Technology
- Demonstrated strength in statistical/analytical tools for system monitoring.
- Possesses superior analytical and design capabilities.
- Understands the business implications of technology decisions.
- Demonstrates a customer orientation; establishes and maintains customer relationships.
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare-related field is preferred.
- Five years experience in application support.
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
At HCA Gulf Coast Division, our employees and physicians take the time to listen and thoroughly understand each of our patient’s...