POSITION: Divisional Manufacturing Engineer - Industrial
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations / Utility
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL or other location
A global manufacturer of steel utility structures has an
immediate opening for a motivated and talented
individual to serve as Divisional Manufacturing Engineer
of special projects within the company’s utility
division. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations,
the Divisional Manufacturing Engineer will be located in
the Birmingham, AL area or in another metropolitan area
near one of the company’s manufacturing facilities. The
Divisional Manufacturing Engineer will support the
division’s capacity challenges by driving better
coordination in the company’s outsourcing opportunities,
expansions, materials optimization, operational
Best-Practices, equipment utilization, and project
· Support individual manufacturing plants and coordinate
· Champion the effort to share best practices both
within the division and with other divisions in many
areas including: manufacturing, production control,
project management, finance, logistics, etc.
· Work with the Divisional Technical Training Manager
(direct report) to develop a coordinated and
comprehensive technical training program for division
products and plants.
· Provide Lean training to support for all facilities.
· Work with General Managers (GMs) and Operations
Managers to evaluate plant layouts, make recommendations
for improvements for more Lean flow, and support any
resulting capital projects.
· Coordinate outsourcing opportunities between plants
and external suppliers.
· 10 years of previous experience in steel or pre-cast
concrete manufacturing in a specific leadership role
(i.e. Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Operations
Director or equivalent).
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management,
Operations Management, Business Administration, or
· Ability to travel extensively within the United
· In-depth knowledge and experience of implementing Lean
efforts from the ground up and maintaining gains.
· Experience in process mapping, needs assessment,
training curriculum development, certification and
program development, and the development of other types
of training platforms, training effectiveness
measurement, tracking and administration.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with
different groups with diverse cultural needs and
requirements across North America.
· Experience in developing and maintaining supplier
· Strong verbal and communication skills, able to
present and “sell” ideas, plans, etc. to management;
able to reduce verbal discussions and agreements into
clear, effective action plans.
· Ability to lead cross-functional teams effectively and
develop close working relationships with a broad range
of individuals from people on the shop floor to the
regional Vice President in each region.
ADDITIONAL / PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
· Working knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies; Black
Belt certification preferred.
· Lean Certification from ASQ, SME, or other nationally
· Experience in steel fabrication, including welding or
concrete fabrication industries.
· Characteristics of a self-starter with the vision and
drive necessary to implement and sustain improvement
Base salary of $105,000, plus 10-percent performance
bonus and full benefit package. Relocation allowance may
be offered, as appropriate.
Perfect World Search - 13 months ago