Focused on people, not just our bottom line.
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office
- and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
The primary purpose of the Sales Consulting Group (SCG) is to increase sales of RiverSource products by providing financial representatives expertise and advice that is timely, sales oriented and to provide in-depth product knowledge and industry information. This SCG is an internal wholesaling organization that works in conjunction with external wholesaling partners, Region Vice Presidents (RVPs) to develop long-term relationships with distributors and representatives. The DSD is responsible for setting strategic direction, determining priorities and allocation of resources to help drive annuity sales with outside distributors. An important aspect of the job is to maintain an environment and culture that attracts and retains talented and motivated people. The DSD must provide innovative leadership by designing and implementing process improvements to increase sales results and improve efficiencies. In addition, the leader must effectively manage important relationships with all internal product partners and distributors.
1. Train Regional Sales Directors (RSDs) on product features, benefits and positioning, consultative selling, and competition.
2. Provide daily leadership to a team of RSDs.
3. Maintain infrastructure competitive positioning knowledge on our distributors. Develop and maintain relationships with mid-level desk managers/support leaders at key distributors.
4. Travel to distributors/conferences and present to firms/representatives as needed.
5. Partner with Divisional Vice President (DVP) to communicate wholesaling strategies, conduct wholesaler team meetings and teleconferences
6. Partner with DVP on business planning, sales team strategy territory coverage analysis and variations.
7. Partner with product marketing to design and implement product launch strategies
* 5+ years industry experience.
* Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Strong group presentation skills a must.
* Creative, flexible and innovative team player who can inspire others.
* Deep investment understanding specific to annuities.
* Thorough knowledge of financial services industry product and information.
* A driving desire to help others reach their potential.
* NASD Series 7, 63 and 24 (must have within 90 days).
APPLY DIRECTLY AT OUR WEBSITE
Sales Careers Online - 18 months ago
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...