The Division Business Development Specialist is responsible for the development of the tactical direction and planning Horizon will undertake for a specific product line. They are responsible for the staff leadership of a product line, which includes sales, operations, and inventory services in the creation and execution of the line business plan. Each DBDS is the primary vendor contact for their specific product line. This position is a resources and/or guide in providing general information about the product line and providing contact information for that line. In conjunction with Region Manager, Sales Center Managers and Business Develpment Representatives this positions participates in all facets of the selling process to grow sales of product line, provides expertise and advice to front line employees, and partners with field workforce through joint sales calls and promotion & sales of products in the field and at the counter.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE but are not limitied to:
· Identifies and creates an action plan for specific product line, which will grow market share, gross margin and gross margin percent. Works with appropriate line managers to implement the plan.
· Identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and lower costs in transactions associated with product line.
· Identifies products and services (including private label products and post patent product opportunities) required to achieve business objectives.
· In conjunction with Region Manager, Sales Center Managers and Business Development Representatives, participates in all facets of the selling process to grow sales of product line.
· Provides expertise and advice to front line employees, which will assist in the sales and growth of product line.
· Partners with field workforce through joint sales calls, promotion & sales of products in the field and at the counter.
· Serves as the focal point for information to be incorporated into the development and maintenance of product training programs.
· Identifies training requirements, programs and materials to be used in the training of new and existing product lines.
· Monitors and measures training objectives to determine future needs and progress of existing programs. Conducts training as may be required to further develop product line.
· Partners with Inventory Services to determine inventory levels required, monitors sales and product turns in order to achieve ROA objectives.
· Serves as the primary vendor contact for product line and works with product vendors to develop a sales, marketing and inventory plan for each product line.
· Provides analysis and updates to Product Category Manager on plan objectives, performance against plan objectives and recommendations as required.
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 3 – 5 years outside or field sales and/or marketing experience.
· Proven success managing and building vendor relationships.
· Experience in program training and/or development.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
· Product management background in distribution or manufacturing is strongly preferred.
Poolcorp - 10 months ago