FedEx Freight, Inc.
This is a part time position.
Transport freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
- Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope)
- Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
- If hostler/yard mule duties required, experience preferred
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Previous dock/warehouse experience preferred
- Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
- Hours may vary due to operational need
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline
FedEx Freight - 10 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...