This position will be responsible for the navigation of all academic activities of a doctoral student throughout their program of studies including: academic plans, mentor and dissertation plans, Symposium support, and virtual campus support.
Competency – Functional/Technical Skills
- Maintains subject matter expertise on doctoral program and academic requirements. Assists students to understand electives, schedule options and consult with students on progress to their plans. Assists student that change programs to understand and navigate the transition to a new program. Provide student support for success, sharing new requirements and ensuring student clearly understands the new requirements. Is SME on how to update all systems to reflect program changes; ensures that what is scheduled in ground CVue is accurately mapped over to the online CVue platform/database. (50%)
- Process oversight and administration, including management of the documents associated with the Institutional Research Board (IRB) processes for students, maintenance of research forms and documents, to ensure that they are up to date and accurate. Responsible for the revision and maintenance of standard operating procedures that pertain to IRB and other doctoral specific processes. (15%)
- Administratively manage and coordinate the dissertation and proposal defense process; including proposal of schedule options to faculty, integration of faculty feedback, ask for and accommodate student requests for times, finalize schedule and post final schedule on Virtual Campus. Will also manage the technology elements that support this process including set up and invitations to web conference (Breeze) session. (15%)
- Assist students with the mentor pairing and changes; including mentor database management and communication with students and mentor, processing change forms and communicating outcomes. Responsible for confirmation and to ensure that mentor assignment data is accurate within SharePoint. (5%)
- Administratively manage the post proposal and dissertation decisions in SharePoint and ensures that the mentor has satisfactorily completed this responsibly within the acceptable time frame. (5%)
- Doctoral Symposium Administration; compares doctoral student academic plan to identify upcoming Symposium offerings that will satisfy degree requirements to determine action steps. Communicates to the individual student appropriate Symposiums to attend and informs the Program Administrator of estimated attendees. Provide student service and assists with Symposium navigation. (5%)
- Administratively manage and regularly communicate to the doctoral community on upcoming events and milestones within the program, posting to VC, email communications etc. (5%)
- This position will include the ability to problem solve and take the initiative to solve student issues to resolution.
- This position will also be part of the doctoral planning process to improve doctoral processes related to schedules, IRB, dissertation, symposium and use of the virtual campus.
Competency – Decision Making
- A solid understanding of higher education and the requirements to pursue and successfully complete academic requirements for degrees.
- Effectively maximizes technology tools such as: Calendar coordination, Share Point, MS Office to streamline communications and operate efficiently
- Web conference planning
- Schedule coordination
Competency – Student Centered
- Demonstrated problem solving ability; probes, sees hidden problems and uses rigorous logic to solve problems.
- Proven ability to conduct appropriate due diligence to make fact based decisions.
Competency – Communication
- Demonstrated ability to make every decision with the best interest of students in mind
- Promotes a high level of student services by contributing where needed
Competency – Collaboration & Teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Competency – Execution
- Proven ability to follow up effectively; following through on personal commitments and communicating progress.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to all kinds of people and building constructive work relationships.
- Proactively provides access to information and shares knowledge.
Education and Experience: Minimum
- Prove ability to effectively prioritize, seeking input to differentiate issues by relative importance and taking action accordingly to follow through on them.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively time manage, multi-tasking and managing multiple work streams to meet key milestones.
- Skilled at process management; ability to monitor progress, make adjustments and assure that tasks are accomplished to according to plan.
- Exceptional organizational ability, able to secure resources and coordinate independent efforts to common goals.
Education and Experience: Preferred
- At least 3 years related experience in higher education
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or if required, Master’s degree in pursuit
Colorado Technical University - 5 months ago
Career Education Corporation (CEC) has made a career of handing out diplomas. The for-profit company owns and operates about 90 domestic and...