Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document control consists of managing all project documents for specified projects.
- Implementing processes and tools
- Providing system reports
- Maintaining and updating electronic information systems
- distributing documents
- Ensuring accuracy of all documentation
- Ensuring client procedures and changes are followed is also an essential function
- Manage the operation of the document management system (software) to ensure that all users have the latest revision of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution.
- Maintain a computer database of all filed documentation that ensures fast retrieval of documents.
- Perform clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary.
- Implements document/data management solutions with a primary focus on document control and records management. Administers data/document management applications.
- Processes one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used; how many and which signatures will be required for certain approvals, etc.) are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project.
- Receives, tracks, and monitors documents using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produces logs, transmittals, and other reports as required.
- Enters data and produces reports using other standard office automation or department-specific computer applications.
- Initiates and replies to routine correspondence related to area of responsibility
- Keeps abreast of department technologies, techniques and services relevant to area of responsibility.
- Works with other staff members as needed to develop and improve services.
- Responds to changing technology environment and participates in decision making activities relating to customers' needs.
- Provides assistance to users in capturing and locating electronic information.
- Maintains an established data distribution system and schedule for the assigned project based upon client, project, department, and supplier requirements. May revise system or schedule as required to ensure timely approvals and distribution.
- Expedites review, signature approval, and release of supplier and internally produced documents.
- Having proper knowledge in management and administrative functions are essential.
- Additionally, the document controller must possess the ability to coordinate and plan strategically.
- The document controller must also be proficient in communication and be able to maintain critical thinking
- 3-5 years related experience
Two (2) year business college degree preferred.
Processes Unlimited International Inc - 17 months ago