Life-changers work here
CareFusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customers' ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
Meet one of our Life-changers. http://www.youtube.com/carefusion
Job Title: Downstream Product/Market Sr. Specialist, Technical Solutions
Job Family Group (Function): Marketing
Job Family: Technical Product Mgmt
CareFusion Business Description
Our Pyxis® automated dispensing solutions have effectively changed the way medications and supplies are obtained and distributed throughout a hospital. Our technologies can help to increase financial results, reduce medication errors, streamline clinical workflow, facilitate regulatory compliance and enhance security and the quality of patient care.
Job Family Summary
Marketing and Product Management is responsible for defining the marketing mix, including products, pricing, positioning, and distribution to drive the overall success of the business.
As a Product Marketing Senior Specialist supporting Pyxis Technical Solutions, you will have responsibility for supporting and executing customer-facing IT assessments and Requests for Proposals (RFP) for the technical aspects of all dispensing product lines. This includes reviewing, responding, communicating and securing the appropriate approvals for the overall quality of customer-facing requests including consistency within the documents, completeness, appropriate responses to information requested and inclusion of appropriate contracts and/or other documents. This includes initiating and managing marketing programs and activities to support strategic objectives and product revenue, market share, and gross profit targets are met. This includes promoting products with clear and concise messaging, product launches, educating and training field sales, attending trade shows, and supporting the sales organization.
- Serve as the technical leader and subject matter expert within the downstream RFP team.
- Develop solution messaging and positioning for our technology platform strategy that will differentiate products in the market and identify how they address customer needs. Create internal and external positioning documents focused on the HIT and IS benefits of our solutions. Lead the positioning of our platform strategy with internal and external teams.
- Partner with R&D, ETS and upstream product managers to develop an early understanding of our in development solutions.
- Develop responses that differentiate the solution in the market and support messaging efforts.
- Strong team member able to communicate effectively and work extremely well with complex multidisciplinary teams and achieve quality, timely results
- Responsible for the overall management of standardized IT content and messaging for use in customer-facing material, including assessments and RFPs.
- Assist Sales in strategy development for overall response. Provide guidance to RFP team on said product strategy for response.
- Author, proofread, & edit product content for Marketing and proposals. Maintain integrity of product content in appropriate content repository.
- Support downstream marketing projects as appropriate to support the dispensing business strategy
- Manages long term goals and drives projects to achieve timelines and deliverables
- Follow and be an advocate for corporate branding initiatives
- Fosters a team player approach across multidisciplinary teams providing support or expertise when required
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, IT/IS or related field
- 3-4 years experience in product marketing, healthcare information systems, IT or IS environment, medical device industry preferred.
- Familiarity with the current US healthcare landscape and associated IT challenges in hospitals required. Understanding of current and emerging use of clinical information systems and technologies that support healthcare information systems and industry drivers.
- Technically adept. Versed in today's latest IT infrastructure including but not limited to performance testing, performance monitoring, virtualization, load balancing, system security, and network design and database administration. Enterprise level experience with Microsoft server products, Microsoft SQL Server products and VMWare preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and writing skills and be comfortable communicating across various levels of stakeholders from executive suite to departmental representatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in: project management, planning, execution, time-management and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to manage customer expectations, and possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
- Personal characteristics: dynamic, team player, detail-oriented, critical thinker, self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful - "will figure it out", customer-focused, interested in professional development/career progression, personable.
- Ability to establish rapport and relationships with customers (healthcare providers, hospital administrators) and/or business partners.
- Excellent written and spoken communicator, responsive, persuasive, and polished.
- Collaborates well with a broad array of internal stakeholders including: executives, customer service, finance, operations, quality, R&D, and sales.
- Communicates and demonstrates technology concepts and technical product direction to all levels of customers.
CareFusion Corporation - 7 months ago