This operator prepares various drawings computer models of such units as construction projects or parts and assemblies, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse curves, hidden lines, and small or intricate details. Work requires use of most of the conventional drafting and CAD techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the occupation. The Draft/CAD Operator II makes arithmetic computations using standard formulas. Familiar or recurring work is assigned in general terms. Unfamiliar assignments include information on methods, procedures, sources of information, and precedents to follow. Simple revisions to existing drawings or computer models may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results. More complex revisions are produced from sketches, computer models or specifications that clearly depict the desired product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Directs and coordinates the activities of designers/drafters and other assigned staff.
Schedules work and reviews and checks completed work assignments.
May work on more complex assignments and has working knowledge of applicable equipment including CAD/CAM.
Defines and clarifies work requirements with clients and other users.
Selects, trains, and evaluates work of assigned staff.
Develops estimates based on scope of effort.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervises the work of lower level employees.
Extensive domestic travel required.
Other duties as assigned.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be extremely knowledgeable in construction design, techniques and requirements. Must be capable of reading and interpreting construction asbuilts and drawings. Must have an in depth knowledge of construction codes, construction machinery, construction equipment, construction materials and supplies. Must have knowledge and understanding of SABER/JOC/Large Construction efforts. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills –
Must be fully fluent in the English language. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills -
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment -
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. Native preference under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Contract personnel should have an Associate’s degree in Engineering, Electronics Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology or three progressive years of direct experience.
A professional CAD Technician must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Using Autodesk AutoCAD software of at least version 2008;
- Produce to scale architectural drawings representing site plan layouts;
- Produce to scale architectural drawings representing floor plan layouts;
- Produce to scale wall elevation drawings depicting layout of electronic and electrical equipment;
- Produce isometric details of electrical and electronic equipment;
- Produce riser diagrams;
- Produce electrical diagrams and single-line drawings;
- Produce schedules.
- Ability to read, interpret electrical and electromechanical schematics and architectural drawings;
- Communicate effectively with Design Engineers and other staff; and travel extensively world-wide.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance:
- CAD certification is a plus
United States-New Mexico-Kirtland AFB
Chenega Integrated Mission Support
Chenega Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Chenega prides itself on providing industry leading market driven compensation, a comprehensive benefits program that is tuned to the market...