Receive customers' requests for quotes for product, via the sales force, and estimate the total cost (labor and materials) of the products that are fabricated by manufacturing in a timely manner
Follow the production process through completion and review final results of finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Maintain a complete and up-to-date library of material costs from all of our suppliers
• Actively search for competitively priced and quality product suppliers
• Develop and maintain a relationship and communication path with all sales personnel and customers as needed
• Proficient use in Auto Cad system to produce drawings of the products we build
• Produce cost sheets to fabrication
• Update and maintain accurate cost data in the QAD system
• Respond to requests within 48 hours
• Observe and follow all company safety rules and regulations
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty described above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate's degree (A. A.) in drafting or equivalent from two-year College or technical school is required
• Minimum 1-3 years drafting experience in oil and gas industry or related is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel. Solid Works experience is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Estimating experience a plus.
• Good listener and can interface with sales and customers on a regular basis.
• Innovative and creative thinker.
• Looks for ways to improve the quote process.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reading blueprints. Handling and inspecting products.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
J-W Energy Company - 18 months ago