DRAFTER/CAD OPERATOR III
This operator prepares complete sets of complex drawings which include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings. Drawings include complex design features that require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray. Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas to draw land contours or to compute weights, center of gravity, load capacities, dimensions, quantities of material, etc. Works from sketches, models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments. Selects required information from precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides. Independently resolves most of the problems encountered. Supervisor or design originator may suggest methods of approach or provide advice on unusually difficult problems.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
Specific Job Description: Applicant's primary task will be to maintain the accuracy of the facility's record drawings using AutoCAD 2010 and Tririga. This task will include conducting building audits (regular, periodic audits conducted to ensure the facility record drawings align with real-world facility conditions), change capture (the integration of completed post-construction plans into the record drawings) standards adherence (directly auditing the record drawings to ensure dimensional consistency and layer standards across multiple disciplines) and database integration (incorporating audit updates and change capture into the Tririga database). Additionally, the applicant will be required to utilize Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc and provide support to engineers and designers.
- Must satisfy requirements for, and be granted, an SSBI security access prior to permanent employment
- A minimum of 3 year experience as an AutoCAD drafter
- Solid understanding of engineering/construction documentation
- Ability to work on regular/familiar tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to work on new/unfamiliar tasks with close supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong communications skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Existing TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience using Tririga
- High School or equivalent
- AutoCAD Certificate and/or three years AutoCAD experience
Raytheon - 30+ days ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...