Duties & Responsibilities
Primarily responsible for interpreting Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s); interpreting electrical drawings such as One-Line Diagrams, Panel Schedules, and Electrical Schematics; creating new P&ID’s and electrical drawings with AutoCAD software from engineering redlines or by visual inspection of existing installed equipment within natural gas processing and/or compression facilities. Duties include:
- Reading and interpreting redlines supplied by engineers and/or operations personnel
- Interfacing with operations personnel and/or engineers as necessary to clarify the intent of redlines supplied
- Visiting field locations as required, for the purpose of evaluating equipment to be shown on P&ID’s and/or electrical drawings
- Use CAD software to create P&ID’s and other drawings in accordance with Company standards and Instrumentation Society of America (ISA) standards
- Working with company experts to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable DOT, OSHA, EPA, National Electric Code (NEC), other environmental/safety regulations and company processes and procedures. Ensuring area of responsibility is compliant with safety, environmental and other company guidelines, policies, etc.
Requires: prolonged use of a computer keyboard; working additional hours, weekends and/or holidays to complete projects or meet deadlines; occasional travel with overnight stays; on- and off-road travel conditions; may be exposed to high-voltage electricity and chemicals, including but not limited to: flammable gases and liquids, toxins, pesticides, corrosives and petroleum products.
QEP Resources is an Equal-Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
- Knowledge of: Ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), ability to identify equipment within the field or at natural gas processing facilities, ability to create schematics of equipment and controls necessary to create new P&ID’s and/or electrical drawings, familiarity with piping, piping components, instrumentation, basic wiring, and basic control functions.
- Skill in: Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products; some experience with AutoCAD is required; experience with CADWorx is preferred. Familiarity with Instrumentation Society of America (ISA) standards strongly preferred. Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to: Communicate effectively orally and in writing; understand and execute oral and written instructions; handle and maintain confidential information; exhibit high-level self-management skills; perform efficiently and accurately while working on multiple projects; occasionally travel to field locations as required, sometimes including overnight stays away from primary work location; determine the distance and relationship between objects; see objects at close range; be courteous to co-workers and customers/owners; follow directions from supervisors; work diligently and independently without direct supervision; work with a positive team attitude; refrain from abusive or profane language and behavior in the workplace.
- Requirements: Requires a technical degree in computer aided drafting or similar, with two (2) years or more industry experience interpreting and/or creating Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and electrical schematics. In lieu of a degree, candidate must have a minimum of (5) years industry experience and acceptable computer skills. Must possess a valid driver’s license; have an acceptable driving record; undergo random drug testing subject to DOT requirements; regular attendance; neat in appearance; must adhere to the FERC Standards of Conduct Order; and must adhere to all policies established by the company, including the QEP Resources’ Business Ethics and Compliance Policy.
QEP Resources, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Duke Energy Field Services (DEFS) is a midstream energy company that gathers, processes, transports,...