Quickly become very familiar with company drilling and directional well planning procedures and create drilling procedures for all rigs responsible for – using offset well data. This includes determining optimum casing design, mud program, drilling parameter/hydraulics, mud motor and bit selection, T&D analysis, and hole cleaning practices.
Generate and update Drilling AFE’s for all wells responsible for, and conduct post-well reviews including cost/efficiency analysis.
Become very familiar with rig consultants and rig crews on rigs responsible for finding ways to improve efficiencies wherever possible.
Conduct 24/7 monitoring of drilling operations for rigs and work closely with key field personnel (mainly Drilling Superintendent and Drilling Consultants) to ensure drilling operations closely follow procedures at all times.
Make monthly trips to the Williston Basin (North Dakota) for “hands on” rig visits and operational discussions with Drilling Superintendent and/or well site consultants.
Focus on company’s “continuous improvement” philosophy to improve efficiency and reduce costs whenever/wherever possible.
Assist with assembling key cost and drilling performance data to create power point slides for team and Drilling Manager to present to upper management.
Work closely with team Drilling Engineers and Superintendents to discuss ways to improve rig move procedures/time and overall efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience with increasing accountability for achieving drilling efficiencies.
- Must have ability to effectively and successfully function at high level with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and very adept at problem solving.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a desire to work in true team environment.
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...