Overall scope and purpose of job is to perform warehousing tasks or receiving product, putting away product, picking product (filling orders), preparing product for shipment, general housekeeping, completion of appropriate paperwork, of loading product, drive multi-axial truck, transport and deliver product to offices, plants or manufacturing companies, receives routing bills/shipping orders, operating equipment safely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures.Â
- Understands units of measure.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
- Receives stocks and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors.
- Understands warehouse locator system.
- Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
- Uses tape rope sealing equipment and shrink film.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Drives multi-axial truck with a capacity greater than 3 tons to transport and deliver products to offices, plants or manufacturing companies.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.Â
- Loads industrial orders on to truck by hand, pallet jack, fork lift, hyster, electric pallet jack and hand dolly with occasional assistance.
- Receives routing bills, shipping orders and completes paperwork as needed. * Drives truck to designation applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
- Unloads orders at delivery site utilizing equipment on truck: pallet jack, electric pallet, and dolly and by hand.Â
- Prepares receipt for goods delivered, may make telephone call with supervisor and modify or receive new delivery instructions.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies as well as established housekeeping standards.
- Equipment inspection required as part of the functions of the job. Participates in annual inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- These include but are not limited to assisting customers with will calls and delivering miscellaneous stock to inside office employees.
- Reports directly to operation manager, warehouse manager or warehouse foreman, depending on location.
- Interacts with co-workers (accounts payable, sales representatives, sales coordinators), management, suppliers and customers.
- Operate electric and manual pallet jacks, order pickers, hand trucks, stand up reach trucks, forklifts, roll clamps, computers, laser guns, slip sheeter, truck/trailer lift gates, loading ramps, dock plates, dollies, and other equipment as assigned.
- Operates 10-speed tractor trailer, 6 speed straight van, fork lifts, hysters, electric pallet jacks, hand trucks, computers (RDT and VDT), truck/trailer lift gates, loading ramps, dock plates, dollies, and other equipment as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills (with will-call customers, other company departments, etc.)Â
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attentive to detail; accurate and thorough.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, stressful sales environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- Class A license (mandatory) and meet all DOT new hire requirements
- Minimum 23 years of age with at least two years verifiable commercial driving experience
- One to two years previous warehouse experience with distribution desirable.
- Experience operating warehouse distribution material handling equipment.
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Experience working in an electronic/computer work environment (due to Unisource warehousing inventory network system).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Heavy work: requires the ability of frequently lift, push, pull at least 50 to 75 pounds of product throughout the day, and occasionally manipulate in excess of 100 up to 160 pounds of product. Physical activities required of this job include but are not limited to: occasionally squat, crouch, kneel and climb, with frequent bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder level. Repetitive motions include: grasping, use of both hands and feet, standing, talking, walking. Good hearing is a must to be working around moving equipment. Employee may be exposed to range of temperature and environment conditions. Noise level is work environment consistent with operations utilizing material handling equipment. Exposure to dust is consistent with warehouse environment conditions.