Position Summary: Transport resident on regularly scheduled trips and special events. Responsible to maintain vehicle for safety purposes and coordinate necessary vehicle maintenance. This position reports to the Director, Resident Programs or other assigned manager.
- Transports residents and performs community errands as assigned, and ensures that all residents who use the transportation are returned safely to the building.
- Assists all residents in and out of the vehicle.
- Ensures all vehicle inspection tags, license and insurance cards are current and displayed properly.
- Maintains clean appearance of the vehicle(s) by performing/scheduling regular interior/exterior cleaning.
- Responds immediately and appropriately to all accidents and emergencies.
- Reports mechanical needs and repairs, and assist in coordination of necessary vehicle maintenance and repair service such as oil changes and tire rotations.
- Serves as activity/outing support as requested.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of educational experience.
- Valid Class B commercial license with passenger endorsement and/or CDL license, according to state law.
- Safe driving record in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation driver policy.
This position requires time spent on the following physical activities:
Under 1/3 to Over
None 1/3 2/3 2/3
Stand |______|___ ___|__ x_ _|______|
Walk |______|___ ___|__ x_ _|______|
Sit |______|___ ___|__ x_ _|______|
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel |______|______ |______|___x__|
Reach with hands and arms |______|______ |______|___x__|
Climb or balance |______|___ ___|______|___x__|
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl |______|______ |___x__|______|
Talk or hear |______|______ |______|__ x__ |
Taste or smell |__ __ |___x__ |______|______|
This position requires time spent lifting weight or exerting force in the following manner:
None 1/3 2/3 2/3
Up to 10 pounds |______|___ ___|______|___x__|
Up to 25 pounds |______|___ ___|__ x_ _|______|
Up to 50 pounds |______|___x___|______|______|
Up to 100 pounds |__ x__ |______ |______|______|
More than 100 pounds |__ x__ |______ |______|______|
Senior Lifestyle Corporation - 6 months ago