Waste Connections Inc. is looking for a driver/helper to service our residential customers in and around Fostoria, IA using either Rear-load trash trucks or Side-load trash trucks. The position will be responsible for driving the truck as well as the loading of the residential trash into the truck.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Be able to follow safe operating practices.
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
- Be able and willing to work in a team environment.
- Be able to sear customers courteously
- Be able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
- Must be able to drive Manual Transmission
- Have 0-1 years of driving experience
- Be able to follow safe operator procedures
- Have knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre and post trip inspections
- Possess a clean safety and driving record
- Be able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service
- Be able to pass a DOT Physical and drug and alcohol screening.
- Possess a valid Class B CDL license (or willing to obtain a CDL)
- Two years truck driving experience preferred
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V. )
Waste Connections - 10 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...