Eagle Lake, TX
Do you enjoy the challenge of discovering just the right part or solution for a customer’s need?
Are you proactive in asking questions and recommending solutions as well as additional related products?
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where your organization, efficiency, and customer service skills make you a rock star?
At Applied®, we regard the Driver/Warehouse/CSSR role as one of the most important in our organization. We’ll ensure you receive extensive ongoing training and provide you with solid feedback and support to help you reach your goals. This is a wonderful opportunity for a strong customer service candidate with good computer skills and some knowledge of industrial products. An interest in career growth is desired!
More About Your Role
- Perform a variety of duties required to pick up and deliver orders; ship and/or receive parts, materials and supplies; and maintain stock areas.
- Active involvement in the Company's Total Quality Management process as evidenced by continuous improvement of processes directed toward reducing costs, improving cycle time, increasing sales/gross profit and customer satisfaction.
- Carries out policies and procedures as defined in the quality manual.
- Continuous development through reading, schools, seminars and on-the-job training.
There is a hands-on component to your role. You’ll learn to use calipers to measure specs on a wide variety of parts, from bearings and sprockets to electric motors and controls, to hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Perform duties to receive and verify incoming parts, materials, and supplies; maintain stock areas; prepare sales orders; pick up and deliver orders, stock, and supplies.
- Work from daily schedule, work orders, verbal and written instructions, using motor truck, hand and mobile lift equipment, simple hand and power tools, weighing scales, postage meters.
- Work from purchase orders, bills of lading, packing slips, sales orders, service center requests, written and verbal instructions. Receive and examine condition of deliveries; indicate acceptance or note discrepancies on bill of lading. Check and match packing slip with purchase order; count and verify; record and route copies as prescribed.
- Operate company vehicle to pick up and deliver parts, materials, supplies, equipment, mail as required. Sort assignments and arrange most efficient route. Load and unload vehicle as necessary in accordance with delivery routing and customer specifications. Verify all cartons and materials; record required information and obtain signatures as necessary. Notify supervision in case of delays, discrepancies, or deviations. Perform safety checks and preventative maintenance necessary to ensure proper vehicle performance. Operate vehicle in a safe manner observing rules and laws of the road. Maintain driving record in accordance with Company policy.
- Fill service center and/or customer orders from stock supply using predetermined shipping agent. Provide for handling of incomplete orders informing others of status.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective materials, improper operations, and unusual conditions to supervision. Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain stock and work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Remove trash, sweep floors, empty waste baskets, cut grass, remove snow, and perform other janitorial duties as conditions demand.
- Maintain inventory through accurate cycle counting as requested. Assist in counter sales, order pulling, answering phone or paperwork processing.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
When you join the Applied team, you will enjoy:
- Use ordinary arithmetic. Work from purchase orders, bills of lading, shipping orders. Accuracy in counting, checking, recording.
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend and regular lifting of 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be able to drive fork lift.
- Over three and up to five months experience. Proven customer service skills, professionalism. Mechanical and mathematical aptitude. Strong computer skills.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of industrial distribution products is preferred.
About our Company:
- Base salary and bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation, sick time,& company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Personalized training & development program
- Career development opportunities
Applied Industrial Technologies , founded in 1923, is a $2.2 billion company with strong P&L results. Applied has been a Northcoast 99 winner 11 years in a row. We are one of North America’s largest industrial distributors of bearings, power transmission components, fluid power components and systems, industrial rubber products, linear motion components, tools, safety products, general maintenance and mill supply products.
Applied employees believe in the company, love the environment where individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded. We are dedicated to the pursuit of customer satisfaction through innovation, trusted products, expertise, and support. We believe in growth from within, honesty, integrity, personal mastery.
With approximately 470 facilities and 4,600 employee associates across North America, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) offers more than 4 million parts critical to operations of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, we provide engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training, plus solutions to meet inventory and storeroom management needs that help provide enhanced value to its customers. We are growing!
- Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers (GI Jobs Magazine)
- Platinum 400 list of Best Big Companies in America
- One of the 50 Best Companies to Sell For in the U.S
- Customer-Rated World Class Sales Winner
Different Voices. New Perspectives. Boundless opportunities . Applied is committed to offering equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees based on their training, experience and overall qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or citizenship status, age, disability, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable law. We are also committed to a drug-free workplace. We value you, your background, and your unique experiences that help add to the richness of the Applied team.
We look forward to learning more about you. Connect your future with ours.
Applied Industrial Technologies - 15 months ago