American Tire is a growing company with over 3,400 employees throughout the United States. We continue to expand and the acquisitions and new operations continue to enhance our ability to offer the most complete selection of tires, wheels and related products and value-added service across America to independent tire retailers.
PURPOSE OF DELIVERY DRIVER/WAREHOUSE
Performs a variety of tasks relating to day-to-day product transportation, issue, receipt, delivery and control for a distribution Center. Primary duties include driving medium to heavy weight trucks short and long distances to deliver a variety of products to customers in compliance with all Company safety policies and state and federal transportation regulations. This position will also perform various warehouse duties including prioritizing and picking material to fill orders, loading and unloading product on delivery trucks and maintaining, handling and moving the physical inventory within the warehouse.
- Load and unload delivery trucks – requiring physical moving and lifting of product weighing as much as 150 pounds
- Timely transportation of product from origin to destination as assigned
- Assist in verifying all incoming and outgoing product for accuracy in terms of amount, size and type, informing management of inventory and supply shortages as well as assisting in actual periodic inventory counts
- Collect payments from customers in monetary form acceptable to Company
- Ensure all administrative paperwork concerning delivery orders required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies delivery
- Maintain professional representation of the Company in all interactions with customers and through responsible driving
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law and Company policy
- Abide by all Company safety policies and state and federal transportation regulations
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner and maintain an operator license, if required
- Designate and organize the warehouse stock by product line and by physical alignment, allowing sufficient space for overflow
- Perform periodic facilities maintenance and/or custodial/housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning parking lot, loading dock and area surrounding building, keeping floors clear of debris, maintaining bathrooms and assisting in daily closing down of warehouse
- Compile and submit regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over and undershipments, return of products to vendor, etc. and segregate defective product from normal flow of inventory
- Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the handling and preparation of paperwork
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean MVR.
- Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations and mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Possess working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
- Ability to apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading areas.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
American Tire Distributors offers a competitive salary and benefits. The Company maintains a two-tiered group health plan that covers all employees with healthcare, dental and vision coverage. Employees that participate in the Company’s wellness program are eligible for free health care coverage. A 401(k) plan is offered to all employees after one year of service. Also covered for employees is short-term disability and life insurance coverage, additional coverage for both long-term disability and life insurance is available for purchase. Employees are eligible for employee purchases of company inventory at a discount – tires, wheels, etc... Vacation and sick days are accumulated based on tenure for each calendar year.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
American Tire Distributors - 23 months ago
Concerned about that upcoming "re-tire-ment"? Discount Tire, one of the largest independent tire dealers in the US, can provide...