: This position is responsible for operating a Company vehicle in a timely, safe manner to and from designated locations, loading and unloading cargo, verifying shipping orders and maintaining transportation records. Other duties include pre-/post-trip vehicle and cargo inspections, general vehicle maintenance, and the professional representation of the Company at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Loads, transports, and unloads products to customers within a designated area
• Loads, transports, and unloads supplies from vendors within a designated area
• Transfer supplies and equipment between the vehicle and the warehouse or work areas by hand, forklift or by use of a hand truck
• Assist in the warehouse with inventory counts, product pulling, and assembling shipping orders
• Maintains files, records and routes to ensure the efficient operation of the mobile service, such as delivery and pick-up log forms
• Maintain contact with Dispatch, report maintenance problems, driving violations/accidents, delayed deliveries, and/or damaged cargo to management immediately
• Perform general facility up-keep, maintenance and organization including shop tools, equipment, and vehicles
• Assist with special projects and cover for multiple positions when staffing levels are low/production or operating demands are accelerated
• Operate Company vehicle and address customer issues proactively while representing the Company in a professional manner at all times
• Observe and follow all Company safety rules and policies
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 2 years of commercial driving experience in a shop environment is required. Vocational transportation courses and or certifications are preferred.
Some limited proficiency with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• MUST have a clean driving record
• Must possess a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control as well as DOT regulations governing safe driving and comply with all posted speed limits/road signs at all times
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
MUST have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
J-W Energy Company - 11 months ago
- 2 days ago
- 4 days ago
88M Truck Driver
- 4 days ago