* Drives truck to destination within designated time standards for run.
* Inspects truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
* May be required to load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment.
* Ensure that all shipping documentation required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
* Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including drivers' logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
* Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pickup or delivery of cargo.
* 24 months over the road experience in interstate commerce in the past 5 years, with at least 3 months within the last 12 months.
* Must be able to drive day cab or sleeper conventional tractor with a 48 to 53 foot dry van, doubles in some circumstances.
* Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
Salmon Companies - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mail hauling jobs are among the BEST CAREERS in the industry and many of Salmon’s drivers regret not joining the team years ago. As a...