SSR’s are responsible for driving to customer locations to retrieve documents/data/material inside bins/containers for shredding and replace with empty bins when applicable.
- Collects containers/bins (record’s retention) that are full of document/data/material that need destruction.
- Ensures all bins are properly secured/locked at all times.
- Replaces defective bins with operational bins and cleans bins at customer facilities as necessary.
- Obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine pre-trip inspections/regulations as required by the Department of Transportation (“DOT”).
- Listens and resolves customer complaints and notifies management of any issues.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor.
- Secures bins inside truck by using straps, tie-downs and/or rope.
- Ensures compactor/side-loader trucks are tipped at the minimum rate established by the standard operating procedure
- Proficient using RMC. RMC is a pocket PC Based mobile application designed to facilitate the services of Recall's Secure Service Representatives. Though its usage, field personnel are able to manage their routes and activity electronically.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as but not limited to installing light bulbs, replacing fuses, controlling oil leaks, etc.
- Immediately reports any/all vehicle accidents, property damage and/or work related injuries to supervisor and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Completes all necessary paperwork as required by the company.
- Security Service Representative will routinely be assigned more deliveries/pickups than can be normally completed in one day. This is to compensate for closed facilities, short runs, good traffic conditions, etc.
All drivers must successfully complete a road test, drug and alcohol test and medical exam as required by the DOT.
All drivers must pass a security guard test as required by the company.
A high school education or equivalent is required.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
New employees must meet the following requirements:
Three years of driving experience.
Must not have a DUI
No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years
No at fault accidents within the last 3 years
All SSRs must abide by the Company Driver Policy and have a driver’s license for the state in which s/he resides.
ALL SSRs must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Perform other duties as directed by management.
What experience will be valued? :
Skills and Knowledge
- Industry experience
- Route driving experience
- Vehicle maintenance
- Read map books
- Must operate lift gate, side loader and compactor on truck.
Retain a Class “B” license
Retain a medical card as required by the Department of Transportation
Must retain Company insurance information and accident reporting information in vehicle at all times.
Must be safety conscience