Come discover your direction at Holland! Holland, Inc,. is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry. Holland is hiring casual/part-time local Class A CDL drivers at our Jackson, MI terminal.
If you are seeking a new opportunity that offers great pay and gets home daily this is the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities : To safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban, and rural areas in all weather conditions to transport freight. Load, unload, and move materials at customer location.
Casual drivers receive pension benefits by the day, over- time by the day (over 8 hrs), and cost of living increases included in the contract.
- Comply with company policies and federal, state and local regulations
- Follow company procedures for safely loading and unloading freight
- Take and verify dispatch instructions
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination (vans)
- Load and unload freight in varying weather conditions at the company and customer facilities
- Safe operation of equipment and on-time movement of shipments
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations
Qualified Drivers should have :
Qualified applicants will be required to take a pre-employment drug screen with true negative results and required to take additional pre-employment testing/assessments
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tank endorsement
- Minimum one year or 50,000 miles verifiable driving experience in the most recent 5 years
- Operating similar type equipment
- No major accidents in the last 3 years
- No DUI/DWI in the last 3 years
Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich., Holland has long been recognized for delivering the most next-day service lanes in its territory and...