Title: Delivery Driver – Full Time Hours
Pay type: Hourly
Reports to: Driver Supervisor
Hours of Work: Tuesday to Friday
Delivery Drivers are responsible for timely delivery of customer orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Responsible for delivery of product to customers using designated route; unloads truck and brings product into customer’s facility
- Verifies load accuracy against customer invoice; verifies product is in acceptable condition; verifies customer has no past due balances; obtains signature of receipt for correct product from customer and leaves customer a copy of the invoice; obtains payment for any COD accounts.
- Responsible for daily inspection of vehicle and notifies supervisor of any problems; completes Daily Vehicle Inspection Report.
- Maintains safe operation and general condition of delivery truck, including cleanliness.
- Observes all safety and security procedures; maintains all company standards and DOT requirements for vehicles and Drivers.
- Maintains telephone contact with supervisor to receive additional instruction; immediately communicates delivery, traffic, and safety issues to supervisor.
- Builds relationship with customer by providing exceptional service.
- Provide back up for warehouse or receiving departments.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school Diploma
- 1-2 years related work experience preferred.
- Must have a clear MVR and a valid CDL class A or B.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; communication must always be professional and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of diverse customers.
- Must have the ability to work in an unsupervised environment and work effectively while dealing with a variety of requests throughout the day.
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly.
- Must be able to read a map; a strong knowledge of the geographical area of the route is a plus.
- Able to work overtime should a need arise.
- Must be open and flexible to changes, ideas, and/or best practices from management; utilization of a team approach; utilization of a team approach in all aspects of performance is essential.
- General Safety.
- Material Handling equipment safety.
- Lifting and/or moving objects up to 55 pounds.
- Must be able to maneuver up to 250 pounds with the use of a hand truck.
Major Brands originated as E & L Wholesale, a wine and spirits distributor in St. Joseph, MO, founded by Joseph "Kewpie"...