JOB TITLE : Driver/Technician REVISED : October 2009
REPORTS TO : Operations Manager FSLA STATUS : Non Exempt
Pacific Pulmonary Services is one of the largest providers of home oxygen, sleep therapy and respiratory medications in the United States. We have more than 1200 employees dedicated to patient care and service. Our operations include 100 local service centers across 16 states, a pharmacy in Tempe, AZ, a sleep therapy operations center in Bakersfield, CA, a Customer Care Center in Lexington, KY, Reimbursement Centers in Brentwood, CA and Omaha, NE and our Corporate Administration and Training Center in Novato, CA.
PPS has been growing for 30 years and we are continuing to expand and open new centers.
As we grow there are opportunities for advancement.
We base our decisions and actions on the following values: putting patients first, integrity, teamwork, achievement, accountability and fun.
Benefits include competitive compensation and performance incentives and a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with matching and paid
Driver/Technicians provide a consistent liaison role between the patient and Pacific Pulmonary Services. This key position is responsible for completing client home safety evaluations to determine the appropriateness of equipment to be ordered. Perform routine equipment checks and ensure complete comprehension with written and oral client instruction. Ensure a safe client environment for the use of equipment by educating clients on the use of equipment.
Warehouse and Center facility:
- Deliver, set-up and follow-up on equipment in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Instruct the client on the safe/proper use of the equipment being delivered.
- Educate patients on the benefits of oxygen and nebulizer medications.
- Have thorough understanding of all equipment the company provides.
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately to support the delivery and billing functions including, but not limited to, Invoice, Customer Information Checklist (CIC), Product Information for Customer form (PIC), Care Plan, Education Checklist, Waiver as needed, obtain signatures and provide copies, etc.
- Perform safety checks and inspections to ensure that equipment is working properly.
- Confirm understanding and compliance with the physician’s order.
- Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Respond to client questions and concerns; refer unanswerable questions to Manager.
- Perform routine maintenance as required by policy.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance wearing the company supplied uniform and name badge.
- Perform all job duties in a safe, orderly and courteous manner.
- Be respectful and courteous to all clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Deliver equipment clean and in a timely manner.
- Load equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Sign and date all delivery documents.
- Complete performance and safety checks on equipment prior to delivery.
- Contribute beyond fundamental responsibilities.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized warehouse area.
- Assure that standards of cleanliness, quality and appearance are maintained for all equipment.
- Glove-up prior to handling dirty equipment, be knowledgeable of and practice the proper infection control procedures.
- Advise the center manager of low levels of equipment to avoid running out.
- Assist in the maintenance of the warehouse and center areas.
- Keep the oxygen tank area clean of debris and ensure cylinders are placed in the appropriate areas as to avoid empty cylinders being delivered.
- Properly tag all equipment prior to placing on vehicle (dirty) and before returning to the rental fleet.
- Store and handle all hazardous materials in accordance with company policy.
- Upon completing the cleaning of equipment make entries in the Maintenance log showing what work was completed.
Vehicles Maintenance and Operation:
- Take on-call as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Complete the On-Call Log for all calls received (attach a copy to timecard for payment).
- Respond to calls deemed emergencies.
- Troubleshoot concerns over the phone when appropriate.
- Provide proper backup systems for client needs, keeping in mind location.
- Keep Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP) Binder current and with vehicle at all times.
- Notify center manager when a problem develops you cannot handle.
- Report all incidents immediately (accidents, client facility damage).
- Complete an incident report and follow Pacific Pulmonary Services accident report procedures for all vehicle accidents.
- Complete a daily pre-delivery inspection of your vehicle (oil, fluids, glass, etc.)
- Wash vehicle inside and out weekly.
- Complete a comprehensive monthly vehicle inspection.
- Maintain vehicle according to the manufacturer specifications for routine maintenance (oil changes, tire rotation, etc)
- Notify Operations Manager when non-routine vehicle maintenance or repair is needed.
- Complete Delivery Log daily.
- Placard vehicle if combined load of oxygen exceeds 1,000 pounds.
- Keep two (2) days worth of Vehicle Delivery Logs in vehicle at all times.
- Include Lot Numbers on all Invoices and Vehicle Delivery logs.
- Report all traffic violations immediately to Management.
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation and Food & Drug Administration regulations.
- Complete initial driver safety training program and stay current with annual and bi-annual refresher training
High School diploma or GED required. Minimum of one year experience in a customer service environment, preferably in the medical field. Must be an individual with strong people and customer relations skills, possess an attitude compatible with the philosophy of improving the quality of life of others, be mechanically inclined and be well organized. Must also hold a valid driver’s license with no moving violation or accidents. A Hazardous Material endorsement may be required.
Lifting and loading of equipment into and out of delivery vehicles and patient homes. Minimum physical requirements are the ability lift 50 lbs. squatting and 100 lbs. leveraged. A physical examination by a Pacific Pulmonary Services designated doctor will be required to certify that the individual can meet this minimum physical requirement.
PPS is one of the largest providers of home oxygen, sleep therapy and nebulized medications in the United States. We have more than 1000...