Provides prompt and safe service by driving Azusa Pacific University buses and transport equipment in and around the university and Southern California. Transports handicapped individuals, students, faculty, and personnel involved in university functions or business.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- One - three years of professional driving with experience in vehicle maintenance.
- Has or can obtain and maintain a valid, unexpired Class B, California Driver license with air brake, passenger and standard transmission endorsement.
- Able to pass a physical examination as required by state and federal governments.
- Will be subject to drug testing as required by federal regulations.
- Operates passenger buses, shuttles, vans and handicapped equipped vehicles on scheduled routes, and to and from distant points.
- Performs daily inspections of vehicle as required by the California Highway Patrol. Maintains daily logs and reports as required by the university and regulatory agencies.
- Inspects and reports all equipment malfunctions. Cleans vehicle windows and lights, sweeps floors; maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
- Inspects fluid levels and tire air pressures adding, when necessary, oil, water, fuel and air.
- Performs minor and simple repairs on vehicles in the event of a breakdown.
- Assists and directs handicapped and elderly individuals on and off vehicles.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of and ability to safely operate various passenger vehicles.
- Able to perform minor mechanical repairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to follow oral/written instructions.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Possesses an awareness of all traffic regulations with a willingness to comply.
- Patient and friendly with all passengers.
- Ability to learn procedures and retain information.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Possess a valid California driver license.
- Ability to pull, reach, bend, grasp.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Legal DMV vision requirements, reading.
- Subject to variable weather conditions and hazardous road and traffic conditions when driving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.