Major Functions :|
The Driver is responsible for transporting program participants and applicants safely to and from various appointments. Works closely with the Operations Coordinator, Assistant Director of Operations, Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Director of Operations, House Counselors, Supervisor of Maintenance and/or Shift Supervisors to ensure that client appointments are arrived at punctually and as scheduled.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities :
- Observes all traffic and vehicle operation laws towards promoting the safe and legal operation of agency vehicles.
- Transports program participants and staff to and from various agency sponsored events.
- Reinforces with vehicle occupants the agency’s policy to use vehicle safety/seat belts.
- In case of accident other vehicle emergency follows all agency procedures.
- Inspects vehicles prior to their operation to ensure that they are maintained in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Completes appropriate documentation using agency-authorized forms reflecting each pre and post vehicle operation inspection.
- Completes vehicle incident reports as required by agency policy and procedures.
- As directed, operates the agency vehicles to pick-up and/or discharge donated or purchased materials and supplies.
- Demonstrates standards of conduct that represent SamaritanVillage in a positive light to program residents, vendors, and the community at large.
- Performs other duties as required.
1. High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
2. ValidNew YorkState drivers’ license.
3. Safe driving record and current insurable status.
Monster - 21 months ago