Under the supervision of the Coordinator, MMU Clinics, provides a wide variety of driver, vehicle maintenance and administrative support for the Mobile Medical Unit Program .
- Drives to and from assigned MMU clinic sites; establishes driving routes; observes all driving safety codes and regulations.
- Registers patients and screens for eligibility for financial assistance programs.; enters basic patient data into computer system accurately (“Demographics” updated when appropriate and updates any address/phone # changes).; collects specified co-pays and service fees payments, and is responsible for assigned petty cash bag.
- Responsible for MMU set-up and break-down at each location; verifies all vehicle systems are operational via pre and post clinic vehicle inspections; sets up and/or engages stabilizers, awning, stairs/rails, tables/chairs and generator.
- Actively participates in department meetings and continuing education activities as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor/s
- Responsible for daily vehicle and exam room cleaning; assures routine MMU fueling and dumping of waste.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s Class B License & air brake certification mandatory. Documentation of auto insurance as required by law. Good driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Direct patient contact and customer service skills are strongly encouraged.
- Driver I (0-2 years) and Driver II (3+ years) experience in driving large vehicles with responsibilities for upkeep and maintenance.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 20 months ago