DRIVER II – Class B CDL w/HAZMAT Endorsement
Location: LaPorte, TX - all jobs are dispatched out of LaPorte, TX District Office and drivers should live within a reasonable distance from LaPorte.
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance of solutions and products, is looking for drivers that hold a Class B CDL with a Hazmat Endorsement, who will be in summary, charged with driving our commercial trucks and a variety of trailers to pick up, haul and unload equipment and supplies to and from job sites and customer locations. Drivers must know, understand and comply with current DOT regulations. All drivers are placed on the "on-call" rotation list for weekends and evenings and are required to reside a "reasonable distance" from the LaPorte, TX Office. "Reasonable distance" equates to within 30 minutes of the LaPorte Office to be able to respond to on-call jobs on weekends and evenings while on-call.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS:
- Refers to the safety and operations checklists of steps to be followed for each trailer type to be pulled and follows checklist before each haul. Completes DOT and company-required documentation.
- Provides timely delivery and pick-up to and from designated customer locations. Collects money from customers when required, makes change, and records transactions. When picking up equipment, inspects for damage and/or excessive wear and notes accordingly. Complies with current DOT regulations.
- Completes all documentation associated with delivery and pickup in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer.
- Performs basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer.
- Performs regular inspections, not less than weekly of all assigned trucks and trailers to insure that all required safety and preventative maintenance measures have been executed and documented.
- Assists others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery. Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
Work Environment : Shop, yard, traffic and customer environments. May be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration. Possible Work Hazards include High pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Current, valid commercial Class B driver's license from state of residence, with a HAZMAT endorsement, and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Must comply with current DOT regulations.
- Driving experience with tractor and trailer.
- Forklift experience preferred. Must pass internal forklift training and certification.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested).
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Second language is a plus.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
• Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime.
•Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis
•Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance
•Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available
•401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
•Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan
How to Apply:
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 11 months ago