This position carries a dual role. This entails monitoring vehicle inspection and performing light to moderate truck and ag equipment repairs/maintenance. This position will also assist in plant/warehouse duties consisting of stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, skid steer bucket & forklift, repairs and maintenance, and general housekeeping. Must enjoy working with diverse customer base in a fast paced setting.
- Safe operation of company vehicle
- Location Shop Mechanic to provide mechanic services to both trucks and heavy agriculture equiptment.
- Make sure vehicles are ready for vehicle safety inspections.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs on all vehicles.
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements.
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary.
- Person should be versatile, flexible, and willing. Can effectively multi-task.
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook.
- Help maintain shop/warehouse/yard cleanliness.
- Notify Branch Manager immediately of equipment issues and product spills.
- Present a professional image to our customers through personal appearance and overall branch cleanliness.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Clean & valid driver’s license with CDL and tanker endorsement. Or be able to obtain one.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred).
- Knowledge and/or experience with trucks and heavy agriculture equiptment.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with customers and fellow employees.
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including skid steer bucket and forklift, pallet jack, and other equipment as required.
- Ability to bend and lift boxes and bags up to 65 lbs.
- Willing and desires to work overtime hours during busy seasons.
- Hourly Wage.
- Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings.
Founded in 1921, Wilbur-Ellis is a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty...