This position is responsible for the safe transport of hazardous materials from our Mesquite, TX location to Greenville, TX and back 3 or 4 times daily. The unloading and loading of the vehicle is handled by the driver and shipping/receiving employees at each location. The driver will be home daily and should never leave the North Texas area for company driving purposes.
• The vehicle is a Tandem Twin Screw Day Cab.
• Some Hotshots may be required.
• This position is paid by the hour, not by the mile.
• This position will be 1st shift and some weekends may be required.
• Only candidates with a current CDL and current Hazmat endorsement will be considered.
• Minimum 12 months of tractor trailer driving experience
• Must have recent tractor trailer driving experience within the past 24 months
• Good safety record
• Experience with hooking/unhooking trailers from tractor itself and the pushing, pulling, placing, lifting and attaching or detaching of various types of converter gear when necessary
• Must have at least one year of experience operating a forklift
• Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
• Knowledge of safe lifting techniques
• Knowledge of proper loading/unloading techniques
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Email)
• Possess excellent customer service relations
• Experience with record keeping and shipment documentation
• Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement required
• Must be willing to work overtime and occasional weekends
• No more than 2 moving violations and/or preventable vehicle collisions allowed in past 12 months or 3 within 36 months
• No DUI/DWI convictions (including deferred adjudications) within the past five years
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Fritz Industries, Inc. - 22 months ago