A Driver will drive a tractor-trailer truck to transport products to customers and pick up product at designated backhaul vendors.
- Drive a tractor-trailor (semi-truck/eighteen-wheeler) combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products.
- Maneuver truck into loading or unloading position.
- Weigh truck as needed en-route and/or at vendors to document weight and conform to state/company regulations.
- Electronic logging according to I.C.C. regulations.
- Inspect truck before and after trips and submit report indicating truck condition.
- Read bill of lading to determine assignment.
- Secure load on trailer prior to transporting.
- May load or unload, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
- Comply with FMCSA/DOT regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements: Constant seeing, hearing, driving and sitting. Reaching, carrying, lifting and pushing objects weighing over 80 lbs, such as pallets and dock plates. Standing, walking, bending, twisting, handling paperwork, feeling, stooping, climbing and balancing.
- At least 21 years of age.
- At least three years of tractor-trailor experience.
- Class A Commercial Drivers License
- Valid D.O.T. Medical Examiner's Certificate
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
C&S Wholesale Grocers
- 2 years ago - save job