Our Altoona, Pennsylvania office seeks Entry level Environmental Technicians to perform Environmental Baseline Sampling and Erosion & Sedimentation (E&S) Inspections throughout the Marcellus Shale Region (Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia).
This is a six month assignment requiring outdoor work in all weather conditions (year round), walking moderate to long distances on uneven terrain, day travel via personal or company vehicle (including possible overnight stays) and required overtime on a regular basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct E&S inspections at various natural gas well pad locations
- Prepare and submit E&S inspection reports for each inspection performed
- Communicate E&S deficiencies to on-site personnel as well as field supervisors
- Submit accurate daily sales & rental documents
- Conduct water / soil sampling and testing activities and other general field related services
- Record field notes for specific tasks performed at each site and follow established procedures for documenting all field activities
- Calibrate, maintain and update a variety of screening equipment (Trimble GPS units, Gas Explorers & water quality meters)
- Ensure all equipment is loaded on the truck to perform the required field activities.
- Identify hazardous or dangerous working areas and report findings to the appropriate GES site supervisor
- Communicate and interact with other staff, subcontractors, clients, regulatory agencies and property owners
- May perform limited subcontractor oversight in field-related activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by field services manager or supervisor
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- High School Diploma and 1-3 years of related fieldwork experience in a shale play (Marcellus, Bakken, etc.) in the Gas & Oil field.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision, while maintaining a commitment to perform all required duties.
- Must adhere to GES health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) standards in all activities.
- Must complete initial and annual refresher OSHA HAZWOPER training and be able to wear PPE.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Groundwater & Environmental Services - 19 months ago