General Statement of Duties:
Under the supervision of the Director of Retail, is responsible for managing and directing all retail, Social Media and e-commerce strategies for the Cavaliers Operating Company (Cleveland Cavaliers, Lake Erie Monsters, Canton Charge and Cleveland Gladiators). The E-commerce Manager will maximize online store sales, revenue, profits, and operational efficiencies to assure a quality fan and customer retail experience.
Web Store Management
• Execute e-commerce content changes using database management tools.
• Responsible for the full lifecycle of website products and product promotions.
• Collaborate with merchandising team to create and maintain product pages online.
• Partner with corporate web team to fully integrate retail online strategies.
• Manage all retail product content and data that feeds the Web store(s) including Web product uploads and pulls, price changes, content changes, customer database maintenance, new SKU set-ups, Web store functionality initiatives, image changes and HTML content changes.
• Oversee website presentation by placing products in appropriate collections and groupings while maximizing click-thru efficiencies and ease of browsing.
• Perform quality assurance reviews to ensure website accuracy.
• Work on special assignments/projects concerning functionality as it applies to merchandising, data management, and operational processes.
• Supervise and direct the Cavaliers Operating Company team of e-commerce associates.
• Assist and support Director of Retail with the establishment and implementation of online and direct marketing retail strategies.
• Assist with development of sound operational and financial plans associated with area of responsibility.
• Create, execute and achieve sales plans, expense budgets, and operational goals.
• Analyze operational efficiencies, customer service levels, and product sales trends to make improvements and maximize future business opportunities.
• Maintain ongoing communications with buying and operations team to ensure merchandise consistency and best practices.
• Actively lead and participate in the planning process related to retail advertising, marketing, promotional and Social Media strategies.
• Utilize all technological resources and tools to assure best practices and time management.
• Oversee and develop e-commerce customer database while working with the corporate CRM team to leverage resources and maximize opportunities.
• Develop internal online opportunities capitalizing on company assets.
• Manage multiple third party relationships, including search refinement, payment gateways, software developers.
• Creatively pursue ways to maximize sales and market-share.
• Assure focus of staff is always sales and customer service based.
• Utilize and analyze sales reports to gain knowledge and capitalize on opportunities.
• Plan and lead weekly staff meetings within area of responsibility to assure high levels of communication and consistency.
• Ensure accuracy and efficiency in all areas of responsibility including: execution of fulfillment process, inventory integrity, product representation.
• Hire, train and develop e-commerce team associates with a goal to instill superior selling, customer service, organizational, leadership and operational skills.
• Assure compliance with all Human Resource standard operating procedures.
• Hold staff accountable for results. Coach/counsel and take appropriate action (advancement and disciplinary).
• Achieve labor management goals related to recruiting, hiring, training, goal setting, performance/productivity, customer service, and disciplinary requirements.
• Ensure e-commerce is visually merchandised and presented to achieve corporate standards. Establish routine timelines for product and content rotation.
• Ensure online markdowns are completed and presented in a timely and accurate manner.
• Communicate merchandising needs/opportunities to buying staff (based on research and analysis).
• Maximize efficiencies pertaining to the movement and fulfillment of merchandise orders and customer service and satisfaction.
• Oversee and execute markdown and liquidation strategies within areas of responsibility.
Inventory Operations/Loss Prevention
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and hold all staff members accountable for compliance.
• Ensure proper staffing/scheduling to support the needs of the business while considering budget constraints.
• Manage controllable operational expenses (payroll, supplies, shipping, handling, etc.)
• Ensure training and awareness of staff on loss prevention methods.
• Assure the proper documentation and accuracy of all operational policies and procedures involving the online Web store system, the POS system, and the core retail system for area of responsibility.
• Coordinate with the warehouse to ensure orders are accurately received, picked, packed and shipped to our customers in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assure stock levels for the Web store/mail order are accurate at all times.
• Monitor the order fulfillment and picking function to assure accuracy and timely completion.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 year college degree preferably concentrated in the area(s) of e-commerce, business sales and operations, labor management, and/or inventory control preferred.
- 2-5 years of e-commerce retail marketing and/or merchandise management experience.
- Experience in directly managing a team of part time associates.
- Must be customer service oriented with a passion for achieving and operating a highly professional online store shopping environment.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong people skills able to motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer knowledge and/or experience including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
- May be required to work extended periods walking and standing, frequently bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and light load carrying.
- Ability to handle a large volume of inbound and outbound telephone calls and emails.
- Required game-day duties as dictated by job responsibilities and workload.
- Ability to work Quicken Loans Arena events, as needed, which may include but are not limited to basketball games, hockey games, concerts and other special events based on job responsibilities and workload.
- Ability to train and provide support in all areas of retail to assist overall department initiatives.
Quicken Loans Arena - 23 months ago