The purpose of the Digital Online & eCommerce (DOeC) programme is to build a base platform to provide enabling technology and to use this to build and launch digital ecommerce channels.
The DOeC Programme Manager is accountable for the delivery this programme of projects, defining and delivering the overall programme as well holding accountability for the individual projects within it. The role reports into the lead for PTs Content as a Service strategic initiative.
Programme Definition and Delivery
• Defining the programme structure, components, plan, governance and approach
• Identifying and managing the dependencies with other programmes and internally between projects within the programme
• Managing the delivery of both business and technology components of the programme.
Accountable for programme success (budget, schedule and quality).
• Maintaining and managing all programme controls such as status reports, issues and risk logs, change registers. Managing and responding to all escalations from these controls and making changes when required to respond to delivery challenges or changes in business direction
• Creating, updating and tracking programme performance to the overall plan and budget.
Delivering programme reporting.
• Owning vendor management activities, ensuring that they are tightly controlled and that appropriate knowledge and accountability is retained by the client
• Communicating effectively and collaborating with the project sponsor, Steering Group and stakeholders.
• Leading, supporting and motivating the programme team
• Managing and governing the deliverables from each project within the programme; using judgement and experience to deep dive into project to assess progress in detail, to troubleshoot and to resolve issues
• Managing the quality of deliverables to defined and agreed acceptance criteria
• Ensuring each project and the overall programme is resourced appropriately with the correct experience, skills and roles
• Managing and responding to all escalations from programme controls (issue, risk, change, plans, budgets, dependencies)
• Supporting, advising and coaching project managers within the programme
• Completing effective project closedown; ensuring benefits plan is in place
Project Pipeline & Business Engagement
• Collaborating with the business and PTs product management and delivery teams to identify new projects and to plan their delivery into the pipeline of work.
• Leading the early inception and initiation of these projects and controlling their acceptance into the programme.
• Managing the involvement and participation of business stakeholders, building a single delivery organization across technology and business resources.
• Engaging with all stakeholders to maintain buy-in and confidence in the programme delivery. Stakeholders include the owners of the programme and individual projects across the business and technology divisions. Engagement is required across the client globally and across multiple business units in each geography. Initial focus will be on North America & the UK.
• Directing change management activities to ensure the adoption of the solution and the return of investment is achieved and benefits realised
• Contributing and owning elements of the of PT Project management practice development plan and defined project management methodology
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
• Accountable for scoping, planning and delivering projects $5m+
Direct: 1-5 Project managers accountable for delivering projects within the programme
Indirect: Project teams of up to 25 individuals+, with new vendors and new resources
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Related work experience
• Proven track record of successful project and program delivery of large ecommerce solutions, end to end delivery lifecycle
• Programme management experience in managing large cross-functional teams (matrix organisation, building high performing and cohesive teams)
• Experience of implementing large transformation programmes (enabled by technology) into large federated organizations, changing the way the business works
• Extensive experience of working in a fluid, dynamic and ever changing environments; proven ability to manage change and translate its impact to the program delivery and team
• Proven track record of influencing senior level management and stakeholders
• Experience of leading projects throughout the software delivery lifecycle with ability to maintain business buy-in and adoption of the solution throughout
• Experience of managing vendors and of working with offshore development teams
• Experience of developing and implementing solutions for digital product, online marketing and ecommerce
Formal education or equivalent
Strong academic credentials coupled with sound technical capabilities
Higher degree desirable (MBA etc.)
PRINCE Practitioner, PMI or equivalent
• Open positive attitude promoting confidence and credibility to team, peers and stakeholders; positive engagement and self promotion to stakeholders
• Strong leadership qualities, i.e. Honest, Competent, Inspiring, Intelligent, Assertive
• Ability to influence across all levels, including peers, project team, sponsor, Steering
Group, wider business, key PT stakeholders and executive stakeholders (CIO, CTO, CEA etc)
• Communicates effectively (written and verbal) at executive level
• Ability to build a virtual team and engage resources from across the organization to deliver a common goal
• Analytical mindset, able to provide structure, organization and planning to activities and able to solve problems and think ahead to anticipate issues
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills, acting ethically in all situations
• Coaches and supports staff, facilitating staff and maximizing performance
• Embraces diversity and proactively manages performance issues
• Ambassador for change and innovation
• Uses business acumen to make smart decisions
• People - achieves results with others
• Thinks beyond the here and now
• Connects with customers and embraces different points of view
Who Are We?
We are a NY city based boutique agile process-consulting and product development firm that specializes in a whole gamut of...