Manager - Data Warehousing (UNI03794)
The Encompass Technology Organization supports and develops Technology solutions for the Encompass Brand of Insurance products within the Allstate Insurance Company. Being part of the large corporation comes with benefits. Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®
. Rooted in empowerment and accountability, Allstate employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity. Our fast-paced work environment embraces innovative thinking, continuous learning and collaboration. We are a high-performance organization that believes in celebrating our employee efforts with a pay for- performance approach, a competitive compensation package as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. At Allstate, we understand that when our employees are at their best, so are we. That's why we offer a variety of development and well-being programs to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential
Support the Independent Agent Encompass Data Warehouse (IAEDW) and Data Marts.
These Data Marts are designed to provide decision support for the business community and executive information to run the business activities.
The support activities focus on data analysis, data quality and report development
Job Description Manager
The Role of the Manager is to lead the IT organization by:
fostering the development of a common vision; providing clear direction and priorities; clarifying roles and responsibilities; recognizing and removing barriers to progress; encouraging and empowering others to achieve; creating enthusiasm and a desire to excel; accurately assessing the strengths and development needs of associates; giving timely, specific feedback and coaching; providing challenging assignments and opportunities.
A Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the organization by growing him/herself, growing others and growing the business.
Top 7 requirements for the manager role
Experience working in a Data Warehousing environment
Good understanding of insurance products and business/financial reporting requirements
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Experience in managing relationships with business sponsors / stakeholders
Prior experience managing resources in a team oriented collaborative environment
Solid understanding of databases, relational and dimensional, along with strategies for the most efficient data load and extraction.
Understanding of Informatica or similar ETL tools
• Experience working in a Data Warehousing environment
• Good understanding of insurance products and business/financial reporting requirements
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in managing relationships with business sponsors / stakeholders
• Prior experience managing resources in a team oriented collaborative environment
• Understanding of databases, relational and dimensional, along with strategies for the most efficient data load and extraction.
• Understanding of Informatica or similar ETL tools
• Solid understanding of relational data models and dependencies
• Facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance
• 2+ years management experience, tracking deliverables, motivating talent, identifying risks and reporting to leadership
• 1+ years experience working in a fast paced reporting and Data Warehousing environment
Allstate - 15 months ago
Allstate celebrates creative problem solving, full engagement and working together to keep all people in Good Hands®. Rooted in...