The Volunteer Recruitment and Selection Manager is responsible for managing the recruitment, selection, and retention of volunteer members to the Experience Corps branch. This includes tracking volunteers, conducting interviews, overseeing paperwork, and handling related administrative paperwork.
- Develop an annual recruitment plan.
- Plan and implement member recruitment activities.
- Keep track of the number of members needed at each school, monitor the waitlist, and identify when additional recruitment efforts are needed.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, information sessions, and intake sessions for prospective members.
- Oversee processing of paperwork related to intake.
- Work with Field Services staff to match members to schools.
- Support implementation of member trainings.
- Oversee member retention and engagement.
- Plan and conduct member events during the year, with help from volunteer members.
- Engage current members in recruitment efforts.
- Staff and maintain an Experience Corps Ambassador program.
- Create and maintain member recruitment and materials.
- Gather, collate, and file all member enrollment related paperwork into a program year file.
- Participate in administrative team meetings.
- Perform other duties as needed to support the mission of AARP Experience Corps.
- Ability to develop and execute sourcing strategies for the recruitment of volunteers.
- Strong professional presence; proven ability to effectively deal with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work in teams.
- Must be assertive, take initiative, and be a proactive change agent.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and be flexible to changing work flow and demands.
- Proven ability in multitasking various projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) year’s recruiting experience.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.