W R Systems, LTD is looking for a full-time tester/operator at our customer site in Norfolk, VA for the ECDU navigation software. The position will be full-time at the Little Creek Navigation lab. Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
Years of education required
- Develops software system testing plans and procedures for navigation systems and associated user interfaces.
- Conducts testing to find any errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Develop test clients and performs systems level testing.
- Performs setup of hardware/software test environment.
- Monitors system performance.
- Works under the direct technical supervision of experienced senior personnel for daily and weekly tasks.
- Analyzes software code to find source of errors and performs fixes.
- Participates in client meetings to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from users regarding system errors, problems, or questions about Navigation systems.
- Tracks software defects and assists in software configuration management.
- Writes and maintains documentation to assist with program development, logic, coding, testing, change management, as well as installation and operating procedures.
- Performs other assigned duties, as assigned.
- Expert level Linux System Administrator preferred, especially in areas of Linux setup and security
- Works onsite in a US Navy laboratory development environment
Bachelors of Science degree in computer/software engineering, computer science, math physics or related scientific from ABET preferred.
Possibly 5-15% travel, including potential shipboard travel on occasion
Secret Security Clearance required
W R Systems, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sectors since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with a competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Since 2001, WRSystems, as a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin, has supported NAVSEA CDSA Dam Neck, PEO IWS 1E, and related Battle Force...